Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

New popups?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone else or do I need to check for adware software?
I have recently had similar ads sliding in from the left side of the ETO screen, on Win 10 & Chrome.
Chrome has both Adblock & Adblock Plus installed, but the problem persists....

No problems with Android using u Block original. No ads to be seen.

Same here; just selected it to be blocked in Adguard (plugin in Chrome) and it's gone, like all the previous ones.

Started getting popup adds again.
View attachment 124880
On my laptop and tablet and only on this site.

Anyone else or do I need to check for adware software?

Mike.
At the time the popups appear, are you logged in? Last I knew the ads were only shown to non-members (and those who are not logged in).

The pop-up has shown maybe 3 times for me, whilst logged in.

I'm always logged in. You can't get the screen shot posted earlier without being logged in.

Mike.

I just realized that when I upgraded my browser, Adblock was re-enabled on this site. That may have been hiding them. I will disable Adblock on ETO once again and see if I start seeing the popups here.

Windows 10 and Chrome.

Had an ad for MPLAB Harmony twice today, once at work and once at home.

Just for the record, I find those popups to be on the same level of irritation as someone getting in my face and shouting at me. I make a note of whose advertisement it is, and make a point of never giving them any future business. So, the owners of this site and their advertisers may want to take that into account. I've got nothing against ads. Just put them down one side of the page where we can look at them or not. That's what sensible sites do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back