• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

The popups are getting ridiculous.

simple-simon

I rarely ever get adds on my phone or pc. pc is firefox and phone android 10. I think I dont get them because I use a vpn for the internet for security, it has a tracker and add blocker on so I never get them, but on here I notice the vpn program runs the cpu harder on this site.

tvtech

Most Helpful Member
I'm from South Africa. lol. Nothing works properly here in SA anymore including when I browse forums like this....even advertiser's don't bother targeting South Africans anymore. We're a waste of advertising time.

fourtytwo

Best way of avoiding popups is to browse without logging in, however unlike some competitor sites you are then blocked from viewing attachments! Perhaps ETO could fix that too!

granddad

Your data is valuable. and is well known whoever you are ? kind of 1984 ish
A friend had a new windoze 10 laptop started it all off and after a few minutes possibly hours ! And with very little input from him. It looked just like his old machine , even to his wallpaper .faves and history .

Have you noticed how a lot of sites link momentaryly to facebbok as they open up ,and no i dont do FB.or Twit, or etc...

Latest threads

EE World Online Articles