Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

PLL for 50 Hz sine wave output

Status
Not open for further replies.

erasmus1453

hi,

I want to design a PLL for 50 Hz, and it must has sine wave output.

Anybody advise me a way and PLL IC part number?

thanks

We don't mind helping you but we won't do all of the work for you. Please post what you've already done including any ideas you've had and we might be able to make some suggestions. If you've got completely no idea then may be it's your lecuturer's fault and it isn't right that you make him/her look good by cheating and copying from the Internet.

Please provide more information.

What are you using as a frequency reference?

You don't need a PLL a 3.2768MHz crystal oscillator followed by a 2^16 frequency divider will give you 50Hz.

Attachments

• 1 fase.JPG
    1 fase.JPG
    21.3 KB · Views: 740
PLL sine wave output

Thanks for all explanations

But my PLL must has sine wave output.

I didnt find any PLL that has sine wave output.

Anybody know a PLL that has sinus output?

Thanks

Is this college work? If so, as I've said before, do it yourself.

If not, then I apologise but we still won't hand it to you on a plate.

What exactly are you trying to do?

Is this for an inverter?

Normally you generate a 50Hz sinewave and use a low-pass filter to remove the harmonics leaving you with a sinewave.

What's your reference frequency?

We won't be able to help you unless you answer our questions.

The most common type of PLL is a single loop with the voltage controlled oscillator running at the output frequency, but this configuration is not very practical at a VCO frequency of 50Hz for a variety of reasons. If you must use a PLL to generate sinusoidal 50Hz, (which is an odd requirement, so seems like a classroom exercise), one way to do it easily is to build two PLLs. They would both use the same crystal oscillator as a reference. Design them both to run at a fairly high frequency so that you can use a simple LC oscillator with varactor frequency control for each one. Perhaps somewhere around 2 MHz? Design one to run at exactly 50Hz higher in frequency than the other one. Then, when you have both of them working, you take the two outputs and feed them into a double balanced mixer rated for an IF output down to DC. Follow the mixer with a simple 50Hz low pass filter, and perhaps a buffer amplifier to boost the level a bit. Your output should be a very clean 50Hz sinewave with the same frequency accuracy as your crystal reference oscillator.

You can create sin "ish" waves with micro controllers using the built in Hardware PWM outputs. It's a digital wave, so your output signal would be stepped.

Using a simply RC filter, the pulses will appear as a steady voltage.

Keep in mind that your maximum resulution with this method (using Proton) would be 256 steps between 0 to 5 Volts (0.019V per step)
Proton HPWM command;
HPWM Channel , Dutycycle(0-255) , Frequency(0-32767)
Code:
HPWM 1, 63, 32767

The output;
**broken link removed**

But as exlained earlier, not sure of your overall requirments, this is just a thought

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back