Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Device that Data Logs Generator Output?

Soul21

I am hoping someone here might have recommendations for a product that can data log volts, amps, and frequency coming off an AC generator. Ideally, the product would be able to connect to local wifi and transmit the data in real time. If no such product exists then an alternative would be to data log on site and download the data periodically in person.

I thought Fluke Connect would be a good solution, but it seems as though there needs to be a mobile device present near the fluke device at all times. There are some Fluke multimeters that can data log, but wanted to get this communities opinion on possible alternatives.

Any help is appreciated.

There exist many industrial control products that do everything you are asking for. Google "industrial controls voltage frequency IoT sensors" and pick from many options that already exist.

Thanks DanaDak. I didn't see any mention of remote connection. Do you know if it is possible for that device to hook up to wifi and monitor remotely?

I was also recommended this through another forum https://www.victronenergy.com/panel-systems-remote-monitoring/cerbo-gx#pd-nav-thirdimage

The 4 channel device, no. Do they offer other solutions over a network. Investigate their
RaspberryPi hat, see if they have code to do that as the Pi can certainly manage network
stuff.

Regards, Dana.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back