Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Pic32 Not Working with 18.432MHz Crystal

Status
Not open for further replies.

rmrps

I am using 18.432 MHz Crystal and Pic32MX460F512L Microcontroller with 22pf capacitor, i am having the following configuration settings but the controller not working it's get hanging

#define SYSCLK 147456000L
#define PBCLK (SYSCLK/2)
#define Fsck 50000
#define BRG_VAL ((PBCLK/2/Fsck)-2)

#pragma config FPLLMUL = MUL_16, FPLLIDIV = DIV_2, FPLLODIV = DIV_1, FWDTEN = OFF
#pragma config POSCMOD = HS, FNOSC = PRIPLL, FPBDIV = DIV_8,FSOSCEN = OFF
#pragma config WDTPS = PS1048576

the program get stuck in
SYSTEMConfig(SYSCLK, SYS_CFG_WAIT_STATES | SYS_CFG_PCACHE);

after the above line the controller get hanged

I guess my configuration setting is the issue please guide me to resolve this issue.

If you use a crystal at that speed I very much doubt you can use any multiplier, PLL or Divider..
If you look at the PIC32 excel sheet ( from Microchip) that crystal isn't listed.

All will need to be 1 and that will limit your pic32 as you cannot achieve any higher bus speeds... You'd be better off with a pic24..

Why do you need a 18.423 ?? If its for RTCC or BAUD.. You can set a second crystal on OSC2...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back