Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Peavey GPS 1500

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rent FX

I have a Peavey GPS 1500 amplifier with 2 blown inrush thermistors. Contacted Peavey for replacements. They replaced these parts with surgistors. Purchased a few and repaired the unit. Fired it up and it fired up right back at me! Any ideas on why this would keep happening? Thanks.

I have a Peavey GPS 1500 amplifier with 2 blown inrush thermistors. Contacted Peavey for replacements. They replaced these parts with surgistors. Purchased a few and repaired the unit. Fired it up and it fired up right back at me! Any ideas on why this would keep happening? Thanks.

Check to see if there is a short circuit on the power transformer, or blown rectifiers.

Yep. The amp has major problems. They have alternate names such as "inrush current limiters" for a reason. If the overload current continues they pop.

Shorted output devices (i.e. the power transistors) would cause this as well.

Last edited:
disconnect the power supply rails from the amp board. That way if the supply voltages remain normal with no shorts, the next area to troubleshoot is the amp stages itself.

Yep, majority of the power transistors were blown. Thanks for all the advice. Happy Holidays to all!

Yep, majority of the power transistors were blown. Thanks for all the advice. Happy Holidays to all!

I would do the lamp test and if all is ok, it should be fixed!

Happy holidays to you too! ;)

-Ben

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back