Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Problem with my KEMMPI 1500 Mastertig

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi IOANOS,

maybe you known, what diode type is on big aluminum radiator, near the fun?
Will be very grateful for your response.

hello all
NOW my KEMMPPI it is very good function in MMA mode the cooler starting.
In TIG I not checked,but sure function.
I buy via EBAY one ,,torch,, and next year I buy gas tank with ARGON.
Best regardes IOAN

I can only see the radiator, can you see any numbers on the device?

Hi All.
Great to read from people that know what they are talking about.
I am a marine electronics tech and half the time when we werent working on boats, we would be fixing migs, tigs and plasma cutters. I have my favourite welder here, the Kemppi 1500, but after cringingly using it on full power off a 8kw diesel generator (the cleanest I could think of for remote power) after 3 mins of welding, it bogged the gererator down and I knew it couldnt be good. Dismantled and found one of the four output doides shorted. They are too old to really see the part number on them but there appears to be two different numbers which I couldnt understand. Hopefully they were just doing the same job but maybe a different time of manif. Anyway the above service book I couldnt find actual PCB layout/discriptions, and the closest I found was the screenshot attached. Can anyone help be figure out what Diodes to use? the numbering I can see looks like- (6?)750144 9620. another one that wasnt faulty that i pulled to check the # on is almost impossible to read but here goes- (9?)7(6?)(3?)144 ???1 Id love to get this unit going, its a great machine and a few diodes wont be the death of it!! Thanks

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-05-01 at 8.48.08 am.png
    Screen Shot 2019-05-01 at 8.48.08 am.png
    64.4 KB · Views: 261
Hello , can anyone help me with the power filter board schema ? I lost the PCB before repair it.. . Thank you. I found picture on the internet.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200501-232540.png
    Screenshot_20200501-232540.png
    599.4 KB · Views: 353
Flyingkiwi1 and Dex0906 -

The attached PDF includes the major parts list and a schematic for the Kemppi Master 1500 (except board A001). Most of the boards in the MasterTIG should be the same. I think.

The schematic is at the end of the attached parts list. Unfortunately, in all their Finnish wisdom, Kemppi give part numbers rather than values. But perhaps it will help. The schematic came from, I think, Rapid Welding in the UK (www.rapidwelding.com) who have a great document library. You could ask them for values...

Good luck,

Walter.

Attachments

• Master 1500 Parts Breakdown.pdf
    211.1 KB · Views: 308
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back