Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Repairing Rotel rp-1500 turntable

Status
Not open for further replies.

Foghorns

Hi,
I'm not an electronics expert by a long shot, I'm just trying to find a suitable replacement for the strobe lamp for this turntable. I've tried Rotel but they said as it's 40 years old they couldn't help.
I have a picture and the schematic, I just need to figure out how to add those to this forum!
Thanks.

Last edited:
Welcome to ETO!
Do you see an 'Upload a file' button at the foot of the Reply box?

Yes. When i click on it and then browse to the folder in which the jpeg picture and pdf schematic are in they don't appear for selection?

Maybe you don't have upload permission until you've made more than a certain number of posts?

Looking at your permissions as a member you are allowed uploads to your posts. So it does not appear to be an ETO issue.

When you browse to the folder on your computer they are not there?

They are on my computer and i can browse to them, however when i browse to them through the window which opens when i click on the upload a file button they do not appear!

Rotel rp-1500_zpsy4u18dvm.jpg

Rp-1500 schematic_zpsm2lgi1mu.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
That neon is connected directly to mains voltage if the transformer has the D-type strapping. Having it's terminal(s) exposed as shown in the pic is potentially dangerous.
Safer to use LED illumination. A pair of back-to-back LEDs (with suitable current-limiting resistor) could connect to terminals 2 and 3 of the power supply.

Thanks for the warning.
I am a complete novice although I have repaired a few things here and there where i have been given specific instructions as to what to change (capacitors and resistors etc...).
I'm not using the turntable like this, It normaly has a cover over the lamp which i removed for the purpose of the photo.
I have read that the LEDs aren't quite as good because they don't flash on and off as well!?

I have followed this up on the ElectronicsPoint site.

Look on eBay USA under Russian neon lamps. These are the E 10 fitting, you should be able to find them. Don't get Chinese fake copies.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back