Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

PCB, again

Status
Not open for further replies.

SupeR-NovA

hi people..
i still haven't found a good and simple PCB software, exept of "PCB wizard 3", but the problem with that is it's not free, and costs 30$...
i have tried all kind of software including expressPCB, PCB123, orCAD, Eagle... but all of them either very complicated or you can't print from them... any suggestions on a good, simple and free software? :(

Quality comes for a price. $30 for a good software is nothing in front of other damn costly PCB softwares. You said you found ExpressPCB difficult to use but I would say it is the most easy to use. It means that you need a little bit of practice to get your hands over it. Don't switch softwares frequently. Stick to one and you'll master it in no time.

hhh... actually expressPCB IS the most user-freindly software i've seen but PCB wizard, the problem is that this won't let me print mirrored images....i've tried software like HardCopy, but this doesn't work very well.... and i don't have a distributer of this softwPCB wizard nearby... this is why i'm asking for a suggestion for another software

Try Eagle then, costs as little as $49 for lite version.

If you like to work in DOS, EasyTrax is free from Protel.
If you like Linux, go for 'PCB' - an open source PCB software. **broken link removed**

SupeR-NovA,

If you are looking for free, good quality PCB CAD software, this is it! Go to:

https://www.electronics-lab.com/

About 2 thirds of the way down on the right of the page is a box called "Top 20 Downloads" There is a link in this box to ExpressPCB. Click on that and download it! As far as I know it is a fully working version of the software. You also get a circuit design CAD package as well, which you use in conjunction with the PCB designer.

I use both of them on a very regular basis. You are able to produce a board with any number of components, any size and upto 4 layers! I highly recommend using it! It didn't take me very long to get the hang of it! Far better than doing by hand!

I hope this was of some use.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back