Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Oscillators

Status
Not open for further replies.

tsoupl

i cant understand something.on the oscillator there is a swich tha changes the mode :GRD,DC,AC.when i put a cosine pulse at the ac mode i can see it with it exact price of volt p-p,but when i turn it is shows me again a cosine siqnal but this time with a a smaller price.is there an explanation?
Also if i put a cosin signal with half price 0volt what i will see on my oscillator,in mode DC and in mode AC?And if the price is of the generator is +10v? :shock: :)

I hope I understand what you are asking about:

What you are looking at is the coupling on the input of an oscilloscope.

AC: In the AC mode, not DC is passed to the amplifiers and displayed. This is useful when you have a dc bias present on a signal you want to ignore.

DC: This will pass most anything such as an AC wave that oscillates between 0 and 10Vpp (Avg value, 5V).

GND: This grounds the input, usually so you can adjust the position of 0 on the scopes screen.

yes u are right!!i was talking for oscilloscopes!!!sorry
and what happents if we put an 10vp-p signal input?

What happens with your 10Vpp input depends on the signal. If the signal is for instance a sine with no DC offset, the AC and DC settings make no difference. If it has a 6V DC offset (min value is 1, max is 11), then on DC, it will swing between 1 and 11. On AC it will go from -5 to 5.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back