Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Combining many oscillators?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Transformer inductance values... I think this program is not that advanced.
I don't see how Yenka can simulate your circuit without inductance values!
The scheme you have done looks very nice, but I dont know how to read it
My schematic shows a CMOS CD40106 Schmitt inverter configured as an oscillator which clocks two CD4017 decade counters. Counter U3 resets itself on a count of 3 and U4 resets on a count of 6. The oscillator and counter outputs (taken from the '0' pins) clock respective CD4013 D-flipflops U5a, U6a, U6b to give respective output pulse trains each with a 50% duty cycle.

Hi,

He doesnt seem to listen to reason so lets see how his project goes as it is going to take forever just to make ONE oscillator :)

Wait wait guys. Im really sorry that it doesnt seem to work yet. But I think we go too fast through it all.
As I mentioned, none of the oscillators of yours worked in yenka, and this really makes me wonder... AudioGuru:
referring to Your post #21: i tried Your oscillator one more time and changed the plugging, as Cowboybob suggested. You spoke about "noise" that is needed? What do you exactly mean? That there should be first some current in the circuit to make it oscillate? I added a switch to a current, which will fill the capacitor and then oscillate... if I am not fully mistaken (im not sure about nothing anymore):
upload_2014-4-5_21-39-23.png

I made the Capacitor 10 F because yenka still crashes when I try to adjust it to 1 uF in Your scheme. Im not really sure what is wrong about it..
Before we start to talk about the combining of several oscillators, I suggest to make one work. ^^
Sorry guys for making this thread so long, but I really try my best.

Alex

All electronic parts generate wideband noise at many frequencies. When power is applied, the transistor amplifies noise in the circuit and quickly turns on creating a pulse that also gets the oscillator going.

I think you should get rid of the transformer and make a digital oscillator and divider chain.

I made the Capacitor 10 F because yenka still crashes when I try to adjust it to 1 uF in Your scheme. Im not really sure what is wrong about it..
Before we start to talk about the combining of several oscillators, I suggest to make one work. ^^
Sorry guys for making this thread so long, but I really try my best.

I wouldn't expect it to work with 10uF anyway, and as alec_t keeps pointing out, it's not going to work without inductance values either.

But even worse, you're essentially making an RF style oscillator, while it's perfectly valid for audio as well it's an expensive and large option with big transformers needed.

It's also totally unsuitable for syncing a series of oscillators together as you require.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back