Oscillators

Status
Not open for further replies.

tsoupl

i cant understand something.on the oscillator there is a swich tha changes the mode :GRD,DC,AC.when i put a cosine pulse at the ac mode i can see it with it exact price of volt p-p,but when i turn it is shows me again a cosine siqnal but this time with a a smaller price.is there an explanation?
Also if i put a cosin signal with half price 0volt what i will see on my oscillator,in mode DC and in mode AC?And if the price is of the generator is +10v? :shock:

I hope I understand what you are asking about:

What you are looking at is the coupling on the input of an oscilloscope.

AC: In the AC mode, not DC is passed to the amplifiers and displayed. This is useful when you have a dc bias present on a signal you want to ignore.

DC: This will pass most anything such as an AC wave that oscillates between 0 and 10Vpp (Avg value, 5V).

GND: This grounds the input, usually so you can adjust the position of 0 on the scopes screen.

yes u are right!!i was talking for oscilloscopes!!!sorry
and what happents if we put an 10vp-p signal input?

What happens with your 10Vpp input depends on the signal. If the signal is for instance a sine with no DC offset, the AC and DC settings make no difference. If it has a 6V DC offset (min value is 1, max is 11), then on DC, it will swing between 1 and 11. On AC it will go from -5 to 5.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…