Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

off delay required

Status
Not open for further replies.

muymalestado

In an effort to save money, UV lamps, and power:

Our water supply has a 'UV filter' rated at 60W and intended to be left on 24/7.

The house is empty or we are asleep 60% of the time: waste all round.

I have seen an Aussie flow switch which looks just right to sense flow and will pass 240V AC 7A (if required) at the merest hint of flow. Great start. This should start up the UV lamp when water flows.

I want to have a 'delay to off' since if someone opens a tap once they probably will again quite soon - say within 10 minutes. The off delay would prevent the UV lamp restarting too often.

I have seen 'off delay's' eg. HIQUEL - TR12 - TIMER OFF DELAY MULTI RANGE 230VAC seen at HIQUEL|TR12|TIMER OFF DELAY MULTI RANGE 230VAC | CPC

This might do, BUT; I want the timer to stay alive with its period continually reset to maximum as long as the tap is being opened/shut/reopened within the delay period. If no further use of the tap occurs with no further trigger from the flow switch the timer period elapses and stays shut down.

I cannot tell if this TR12 will do that, or what to look for which would.

Many thanks if you can suggest something.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back