Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Noise Level Indicator with voice alarm

Status
Not open for further replies.

blue_angel

The design intends to develop a system that will monitor ambient noise and will activate a voice prompt that will inform and caution people that the measured sound has reached an unacceptable level. The monitoring of the ambient noise will include display of measured sound pressure level and current status in terms of quiet, moderately quiet and noisy conditions. Once the measured sound pressure level exceeds the prescribed level within a period of time, the voice alarm will be activated. How can i make this possible? Can you send me circuit diagrams for this? thanks!!! here's my emailadd: aileen_je22@yahoo.com
thank you so much...

Ask your teacher to explain how electronic circuits work again, then ask your teacher to help you design this circuit. We won't do your homework for you.

I want to know how to design noise alarm circuit for a library
First you need to make a block diagram showing all the circuits' functions:
1) A microphone preamp.
2) A highpass filter to reduce air conditioning very low frequencies.
3) A precision rectifier circuit.
4) Comparators to give outputs when the noise levels have been reached.
5) Output driver circuits to activate lights or voice warnings.
6) A power supply.

Then you must design each circuit and connect them together.

First you need to make a block diagram showing all the circuits' functions:
1) A microphone preamp.
2) A highpass filter to reduce air conditioning very low frequencies.
3) A precision rectifier circuit.
4) Comparators to give outputs when the noise levels have been reached.
5) Output driver circuits to activate lights or voice warnings.
6) A power supply.

Then you must design each circuit and connect them together.

hi

i understood why the other blocks are required except for the precision rectifier .is it for signal conditioning ,kindly elaborate on the use of the rectifier

thanks
josh

The rectifier converts the AMPLITUDE variations of an AC signal (audio from the room) to a filtered, slowly-varying DC level to be compared with a preset trip point. The degree of filtering ("weighting") determines how long the amplitude peak must be present in order to trip the comparator.

I'm interested with the project...May I know the synopsis as well as all the necessary details in order to do this project?

Last edited by a moderator:
Maybe it's my cynicism, a quiet (library) audible response to excessive level only adds to the level and disturbs those tolerating the current.

The other scenerio: A loud ambient sensed response would either be ignored by not being loud enough, or deafen all by being enough.

There're guidelines of signals & data vs protocol and aspects of inband vs outband for media that address this, but are WAY past what I'd try to explain here. Experts wrote books about it.... <<<)))

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back