Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

ROOKIE / NEWBIE needs help, Rasp PI to Rasp PI alarm trigger setup.

Andrew@eBytes

I am wondering if at all possible to have someone engineer on paper and notify me with costs to perform:

Situation : Relay in barn, if moisture door opens, which right now sends an email through a monitoring system

I would like to have a way that the relay sends a signal to a Rasp PI (called 1st), to which well send via the internet, to a (2nd) Rasp Pi which will make an alarm sound, (SPEAKERS will be connected to 2nd) a loud sustained alarm sound, to which operator of 2nd Rasp Pi has to physically go to, to turn off alarm.

Barn Rasp Pi connected to relay on door. ------------------------------------------------------- 10 Miles away 2nd Rasp Pi with speakers.

Alarm MUST stay on until someone turns off in some menu or gui on 2nd rasp pi.

Is this do-able ?

ANDREW

Yes doable, using IFTTT or MQTT messaging. Tons of examples on net
of doing this. Key part would be ESP32 or ESP8266. And of course
code on your PIs.

High school club or consultant Amatuer Radio club......

Regards, Dana.

In reality reliability of this setup, especially over a 10-mile distance, will depend on the quality of your internet connections, potential latency, and the robustness of the hardware and software used.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back