Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

wireless fishing alarm

Status
Not open for further replies.

thomaspav

hello everyone from Greece. I have a simple circuit for a fishing alarm. Basically i use a tilt switch for sensor, two leds and one buzzer. Its a simple circuit with low cost materials. I would like to go it to the next step. I will make 6 of this circuits for my fishing rods. Here is my question. How can i make a simple rf system to have receiver for each rod ? I need about 200meter distance. Also i would like to have separate signal for each transmitter to recognise witch rod has a bite. I post a video of an example https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4000341609254.html

Another possibility is ESP8266 when it starts up turns on a relay whose contacts wired
in parallel with tilt switch, or a mosfet used as a switch, and no matter what happens with
tilt switch power is maintained to ESP8266 so it can complete its task, then ESP8266 goes
back to sleep. If tilt switch needs a wide angle to activate that might be enough to keep
false close open cycles to a minimum, all to be investigated.

I think you should also look into power management, eg. ESP8266 looks at battery and
notifies host if its end of life.....

It might just be easier to use a ATTINY85 8 pin micro to manage all the pulse generation
for the ESP8266, debounce, etc......

Regards, Dana.

Last edited:
Hello Dana. I need some time to understand all of this and do some experiments. I Have a friend for the programming field but for the circuit i have to do some research. I will be back as fast i can to discus the questions that may created. Thanks in advance Tomas.

It would be simpler if the tilt switch went from an I/O pin to the reset pin. A low on the I/O pin will enable reset via the tilt switch. The esp can then turn on the I/O pin, the LED, buzzer and inform the master. There might be an I/O pin that resets high.

Mike.

1674814065951.png
Regards, Dana.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back