Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Nikola Tesla 3, 6 and 9 ... "Keys to the Universe"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Calm down
I indeed chose an incorrect sentence, and stand corrected. I understand now, the mistake I made.

But saying that “I am looking for a problem ”, those are pretty strong words.

Yeah, but it appears you have made it through your life getting only "normal" or " weak" words to correct poor performance and that has not stopped you from making outrageous claims based on information that was half-heartedly gathered.

Just think of the favor I have done for you. The quality of your thinking and effort you put into remembering will improve from today forward. I have high expectations of you and I am sure you can do better. I look forward to seeing a better version of you and I know you will be a happier person as you present High Quality You to the world.

Q: What do you call a stolen "Grog"?
A: a Wheel

Businessmen have been reappropriating technology as their own for a long time.

Poor caveman Grog never got credit for his round invention.

Bette Midler even wrote a song on the topic (based on a character from Wallace Rayburn).

Grog? that dates you. you're right, Grog never did make any money off his invention, but he sure did have fun with it...

After recent events the driverless car is dead for the next 20 years. Even Virgin have cut way back on the space tourist program after the crash they suffered.Was way too early to be road testing these cars.

Thing is they have to be insured to be on the road, your not going to get them insured over here. They have been doing small trials all over the place, taxis in town centers and park and ride things trying to get people used to them, this shows up a basic flaw in the design. Not sure what actually happened but in all but one scenario i dont see how it could happen without a system failure. At speeds over 30mph then you could theoretically jump in front and get hit.

It would be breaking so should hit you under 20mph. Tables say 25mph or under the chance of serious injury is 12%, so its likely it would have failed somewhere and no breaking, in fact it must have kept going. What I dont get is the system used is bullet proof, 5 ways of detection and the newest ones have cameras with shape moving recognition, if any system goes down then the entire car goes into limp mode at 15mph. Any two systems and it shuts down........

What bugs me is no back driver, you get prison time for picking up a phone in the uk if your unlucky, so why is tech like this allowed on the road while still at BETA stage? Sense would make you use a back driver just in case, get a few hundred thousand miles under the belt before you let them out without a driver.

Alot of councils in the UK have by laws and have said they wont allow them near there towns, this isnt going to help. Ever seen a lithium mine? those huge holes in the ground that used to be mountains?? Not what I call green energy.

If I was to have a EV I would want it as bare minimal tech wise.

Good seats, quiet and stable to drive, cruise control, a good sound system and HVAC. That's it.

Make it durable and built like a brick with a big battery that can be charged from any common power sources from 120 VAC 15 amp sockets up to multi hundred volt and amp rapid charge systems.

If it's a sedan it should also have a trailer hitch so that I can pull a adequately sized gen set behind it for long distance driving too! ;)

Personally its the cart before the horse, lets make cars smart first, so on motorways they link up and decide the optimum speed to reach end points etc. Bunched driving etc, we are not ready in the UK to remove the human brain from the driving seat with over populated roads.

This isnt Aus where you can drive all day and see no one, we live in a place where one the newest motorways (M25), is a huge circular carpark!!!! I would concentrate on cars that spotted people not paying attention or maybe dropping off to sleep. Its a huge step from where we are to driverless, not from a tech perspective, but from a reality perspective. Cars can still drive with most the brake pads worn out, those extra few mm make a big difference in stopping power, so make the car sit and not budge until they are replaced.

Look at VR, 20 years ago it was 3-5 years away from every day life, in reality it still dosnt deliver the hype.

My solution is old school. For those who don't actually want drive, or want to learn to drive properly, they can take public transportation and for everyone else they can raise the rules on who gets a licence up to where only the capable and responsible can have vehicles.

As far as I am concerned they should raise the bar on getting a US driver's licence requirements up to being the same as our Class B or higher commercial ones are. You work and pay to get it and you work and pay to keep it.

Ever seen a lithium mine? those huge holes in the ground that used to be mountains??

Not exactly mountains. Most Lithium mines started as dry lake beds or salt-water/brackish lakes. Many "mines" still are lakes and extraction mining is used.

AC8978C9-D949-452B-869C-E5EA62D1A019.jpeg
6B83827D-3F01-4D42-96FE-5E4487E50C6F.jpeg
87224E3A-AB51-4E1E-917C-F8CBD18785AA.jpeg

The few open pit Lithium mines even started out as flat lands...

FA606B5A-7EE9-4AB3-8530-B5DB1026D512.jpeg
10087F4E-7D8B-4922-9B69-E2E62884EAAE.jpeg

I been looking all day for the island china brought 10 years ago, I cant find it anywhere now. But it was a mountain sat on top of the ore and they took the lot, looking over google maps and searching like mad, it looks like they taken the bloody island as well!

What your pics dont show is just how toxic the entire area is around those sites. Lithium is not green, the same way Cadmium wasnt green, it dosnt even have the highest power density, its just the cheapest solution per unit of energy. The run offs and wastes created not to mention the large amounts that end up on ships, going to developing countries is not really how we should be doing things. But we will continue to do so because we think its cheaper to do that and let some other generation clear it all up.

Unfun fact

In the UK and EU back before the 90's they used lead in petrol, people used it for fishing, over here they used tiny shot with a split in, so fishermen put the lead in there mouth and close the slit with there teeth, to trap the line.

Now we are in an age where people who were 10-25 back in the 70's have a ever increasing rate of early dementia, it also coincides with the time aluminum was used extensively in cooking and water treatment. There is no proven link between the lead pollution of that era and the metal cooking and type of soft drink cans when tin was first swapped out. But lead today is well studied and treated as toxic.

So verges and trees planted in them back in the era contain very large amounts of lead in the wood...... Same with smoking, my gran used to tell me that years back the doctor would often offer you a cigarette in his office to calm your nerves.

The entire point being.. Lithium like lead and many other things before it, will be seen as one of the very stupid things we used to do. Mining lithium is one thing, the bigger issue is the waste created and the hazard that poses, governments think a max of ten years ahead, people think a max of roughly how many years they think they got left, few actually bother to look at the bigger picture.

The only example i can think of is extremely frustrating, Take the climate change debate, one side says man is a problem and we need to cut carbon output, the other says roughly that nature puts out more than man so mans contribution is negligible.

But has anyone bothered to stand back and see its an entirely mute point? Yes Co2 has gone up and down since time began, yes man in the last 100 years has added to it..........BUT the huge elephant in the room is the Carbon sink!! It dosnt occur to anyone that how it gets there is on zero relevance, if we cut all Carbon today its too late, because we have destroyed so much rain forest and such that we have taken away the planets capacity to cope with Carbon, so how it gets there, or who is responsible is really a red herring.

Its like watching huge wild fire and saying we have always had them, yes indeed we have, but we used to water to put them out with......(BTW the fire comment is just illustration).

So I see your mine pics and think of the amount of waste and the amount of pollution, simply because we want cheap toys and batteries, as i have said so many times, why the feck should we care, isnt us going to have to deal with it.

I been looking all day for the island china brought 10 years ago, I cant find it anywhere now. But it was a mountain sat on top of the ore and they took the lot, looking over google maps and searching like mad, it looks like they taken the bloody island as well!

What your pics dont show is just how toxic the entire area is around those sites. Lithium is not green, the same way Cadmium wasnt green, it dosnt even have the highest power density, its just the cheapest solution per unit of energy. The run offs and wastes created not to mention the large amounts that end up on ships, going to developing countries is not really how we should be doing things. But we will continue to do so because we think its cheaper to do that and let some other generation clear it all up.

Unfun fact

In the UK and EU back before the 90's they used lead in petrol, people used it for fishing, over here they used tiny shot with a split in, so fishermen put the lead in there mouth and close the slit with there teeth, to trap the line.

Now we are in an age where people who were 10-25 back in the 70's have a ever increasing rate of early dementia, it also coincides with the time aluminum was used extensively in cooking and water treatment. There is no proven link between the lead pollution of that era and the metal cooking and type of soft drink cans when tin was first swapped out. But lead today is well studied and treated as toxic.

So verges and trees planted in them back in the era contain very large amounts of lead in the wood...... Same with smoking, my gran used to tell me that years back the doctor would often offer you a cigarette in his office to calm your nerves.

The entire point being.. Lithium like lead and many other things before it, will be seen as one of the very stupid things we used to do. Mining lithium is one thing, the bigger issue is the waste created and the hazard that poses, governments think a max of ten years ahead, people think a max of roughly how many years they think they got left, few actually bother to look at the bigger picture.

The only example i can think of is extremely frustrating, Take the climate change debate, one side says man is a problem and we need to cut carbon output, the other says roughly that nature puts out more than man so mans contribution is negligible.

But has anyone bothered to stand back and see its an entirely mute point? Yes Co2 has gone up and down since time began, yes man in the last 100 years has added to it..........BUT the huge elephant in the room is the Carbon sink!! It dosnt occur to anyone that how it gets there is on zero relevance, if we cut all Carbon today its too late, because we have destroyed so much rain forest and such that we have taken away the planets capacity to cope with Carbon, so how it gets there, or who is responsible is really a red herring.

Its like watching huge wild fire and saying we have always had them, yes indeed we have, but we used to water to put them out with......(BTW the fire comment is just illustration).

So I see your mine pics and think of the amount of waste and the amount of pollution, simply because we want cheap toys and batteries, as i have said so many times, why the feck should we care, isnt us going to have to deal with it.

I wasn't discussing the merits of Lithium, just geography of where it is found. Not mountains. Usually high desert flatlands.

I wasn't discussing the merits of Lithium, just geography of where it is found. Not mountains. Usually high desert flatlands.
Yes your correct except one case I did know about and cant find!!!!

Also now makes me wonder how many other sites are hidden under the rocky things!! Age is against me on this one, it was maybe 7-8 years ago when i saw the TV report first then news story about them buying the entire mountain and removing it, then digging a massive hole!

I vaguely remember it was a pretty big story mainly because of what they paid for it. I would have been somewhere around 9 or 10, so its hazy apart from the images in my head. Whats annoyed me is this is the fifth time of late i have googled stuff that should be easy to find, and i have drawn a blank!!

Probably just coincidence but lately searches seem more sanitized than ever, also my adds have changed...... Better go find my tinfoil hat

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back