Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Newbie want to know about a CSA 8mhz resonator

Status
Not open for further replies.

genesis

Hi,

I am just started to play with PCB. A friend of mine's temp control unit from a freezer room has broken down. The unit was first have intermitten fault with the display, flash a few time then died. Funny enough, the buttons all working properly but just no display.

First thing come to my mine was capacitors. replaced all capacitor but still not working. After has a very close look, a what seems like a ceramic dipped capacitor have a darker colour ring. So I guess there are a leak. It has 3 lines of markings. First line, CSA, second is 8.00MT, third line is something like a key symbol then a letter B.

Try search the internet, the marking suggest this is a resonator.

Would you guys say the display fault would be caused by this resonator and has this resonator has a build in capacitor?

I am just a newbie, so the question might be a bit silly. Apologise in advance and many thanks for your help.

Thank you!

I would doubt the resonator is the problem (but i could be wrong)

I would try resoldering the board around the lcd etc as sounds like a dry joint to me.

The item you discribe could be a thermister, as most resonators have 3 legs from the ones i have used.

Is there any signs of heating on the board around any larger resistors etc.

Pete.

Thank you pete for your response.

The PCB is a fairly simple one. I would doubt LCD have a dry joint because there are 3 individual LCD panel.

If this is a thermister, what type of thermister would you say by looking at the marking?

Many thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back