newbie needs help on a project

Status
Not open for further replies.

pbk123

Ok, to start off I would like to state that I have absolutely no experience with electronics or components.

I would like to build a very small curcuit that is a "Photosensitive wireless relay" basicaly what I want it to do is, when the sensor is exposed to light I want it to relay a wireless signal to a reciever when exposed to light. I want the reciever to be able to switch an appliance off. The problem is the relay has to be as small as I can get it. The key thing with this component is it has to be very small and descrete, if possible run with those coin batteries that will last quiet a while.
I also don't want to break bank with this project.
Any suggestions as to parts and how to do it would be excellent! Thank you.

Very important project I despritely needs help on.

Last edited:
less than 100 feet.

here is a diagram i tried to draw up if it makes any sense:

**broken link removed**

when light is detected, it will complete the curcuit to and from the cell battery which activates a transmitter, sending a signal to the reciever the reciever in turn breaks the curcuit to an appliance shutting it off until I manually reset it.

**broken link removed**

I was looking at this broken wireless camera i had, if i cut out the camera portion and used the transmitter portion(not sure if it is the TX portion) when the TX recieved power it shoots a signal to the reciever that will some how be modded to break the curcuit?

Thanks any help would be greatly apreciated.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…