Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

newbie needs help on a project

Status
Not open for further replies.

pbk123

Ok, to start off I would like to state that I have absolutely no experience with electronics or components.

I would like to build a very small curcuit that is a "Photosensitive wireless relay" basicaly what I want it to do is, when the sensor is exposed to light I want it to relay a wireless signal to a reciever when exposed to light. I want the reciever to be able to switch an appliance off. The problem is the relay has to be as small as I can get it. The key thing with this component is it has to be very small and descrete, if possible run with those coin batteries that will last quiet a while.
I also don't want to break bank with this project.
Any suggestions as to parts and how to do it would be excellent! Thank you.

Very important project I despritely needs help on.

Last edited:
less than 100 feet.

here is a diagram i tried to draw up if it makes any sense:

**broken link removed**

when light is detected, it will complete the curcuit to and from the cell battery which activates a transmitter, sending a signal to the reciever the reciever in turn breaks the curcuit to an appliance shutting it off until I manually reset it.

**broken link removed**

I was looking at this broken wireless camera i had, if i cut out the camera portion and used the transmitter portion(not sure if it is the TX portion) when the TX recieved power it shoots a signal to the reciever that will some how be modded to break the curcuit?

Thanks any help would be greatly apreciated.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back