Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Most simple remote control

Status
Not open for further replies.

AGCB

I have a trail (game) camera that I've been building. I would like to be able to turn on a remote light at least 100 feet out, 300 would be better. Not more than once per minute. It will use a relay or transistor amp to light a 12 volt 50 watt lamp which will be timed to go out automatically. What is the most simple thing I can build or buy inexpensively to accomplish this? Thanks Aaron

Run a small wire...

Why would crossing a road matter? Small gauge wires duct taped to a road surface would work just fine, road vehicles are designed specifically to distribute their weight very evenly across the road surface, otherwise we'd be ripping up our roads every other year. You also didn't mention a road, want us to read your mind for more suggestions that fit your specific needs without explaining under what specific situations you expect this to work?

You want an IR or RF solution? What price do you are you limiting yourself to and how 'simple' does it need to be? This forum is FILLED with requests like this and no attention to the first rule of engineering "Keep it simple stupid"

A simple pair of wires to drive a transistor to drive the relay (or other driving transistor) would be as simple as you can possible get, dirt cheap, and perfectly practical. Doubt me? Try it.

Last edited:
OK OK I probably should have mentioned that I want it to be wireless which probably means RF but some of the RF stuf I've looked at seems overkill for a on/off switch. The camera is PIC controlled. I purposly left the question open endded because maybe there is other ways that I am unaware of.

What RF stuff have you looked at, and what is your idea of a price point? You're still making us guess randomly. We are NOT you!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back