Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Simple circuit - radio transmitter 4 button key pad for toy car

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grossel

Hi forum.

Have this project I intended to do like 10 years ago, now I finally had found time for it. So I have this little radio controller for a toy car. Unfortunately, all but the PCB remains, and I don't remember (nor worked out) the correct DC voltage - I can only guess 9V by now.
Also the TR3 transistor have an unreadable surface (scraped off?) so I can only guess it's the same type transistors as the rest.

The layout is being made out by deciding I want to have the antenna symbol at right and the key pad at left. Also, my daily work for many years now has not involved analog electronic/radio circuits at all - in fact, it's like 25yrs ago I had this topic at school, so forgive me if I'm decayed when it comes to analog rf circuit design.

Some key points of possible wrongs and incompleteness on this:
  • VCC voltage not worked out yet (from memory long back, I believe it's 9V)
  • TR2 should probably being re-arranged to right side of TR3 (for easy reading - maybe).
  • TR3 is actually unknown due to surface tear down/scraped away, but diode test indicates same polarity of BJT.
  • Inductance of inductors not worked out (all components still on the PCB).
The thing I want to discuss is the working of TR2 and TR3. I assume those make up an oscillator, but I think I need some help identify what type of oscillator and what components makes up that oscillator - I'll use this as base for improvement of the shematic (re-ordering) so it get more easy to see the oscillator component group apart from the others.

Attachments

• circuit-diagram.pdf
    24 KB · Views: 183
Ignoring the bits associated with the switches, TR2 & 3 form an astable multivibrator.

images.png

The extra resistors appear to change the pulse width of the multivibrator which is how most RC gear worked back then.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back