Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Mosfet DC bias

Status
Not open for further replies.

sagh

Can anyone tell me what is the plot of Vout vs Vin of this circuit? assuming Vth=0.5 v, I know before 0.5v the Vout would be zero but my question is that after Vin>0.5v the transistor goes to saturation region but I don't know until when it stays the saturation region?

Attachments

• DSC_0004.JPG
    DSC_0004.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 160
There are a whole bunch of things you would have to tell me about the subject transistor. **broken link removed** of the missing parameters. I had to make a huge transistor (W=600u) to enable it to sink the current sourced by a 1K resistor...
M1.gif

Attached is the updated circuit. That is the whole information that I got.

Attachments

• _20150905_170957.JPG
    _20150905_170957.JPG
    664.2 KB · Views: 151
There are a whole bunch of things you would have to tell me about the subject transistor. **broken link removed** of the missing parameters. I had to make a huge transistor (W=600u) to enable it to sink the current sourced by a 1K resistor...View attachment 94089
My main question is that after which value of Vin does the transistor go to liner region? Actually I am looking for the analysis of the circuit not the only plot!

Since you do not define the mosfet nor the temperature in question, I assume this must belong in the Homework forum.

John

You cannot buy a Mosfet with a certain threshold voltage. One part number has a range of voltages. If the "typical" threshold voltage is 0.5V then some might be 0.2V and others might be 1.0V and none might be 0.5V.
You can buy thousands of Mosfets that have a "typical" threshold voltage of 0.5V then test them all. You might be lucky to find one with 0.5V.

You cannot buy a Mosfet with a certain threshold voltage. One part number has a range of voltages. If the "typical" threshold voltage is 0.5V then some might be 0.2V and others might be 1.0V and none might be 0.5V.
You can buy thousands of Mosfets that have a "typical" threshold voltage of 0.5V then test them all. You might be lucky to find one with 0.5V.

Like i said before, i do not want to test this circuit in real world. I want to see in the range of 0 to 3 volt for input voltage how are the regions of the transistor? ( saturation, liner, off)

Will your fantasy Mosfet actually turn off when its threshold voltage is as low as 0.5V or less? The threshold voltage of most Mosfets is 2V to 4V and they are guaranteed to turn off when their Vgs is 0V and turn on well when their Vgs is 10V.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back