Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Making a Baseball Scoreboard

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am trying to workout how to light up the ball/strike/out counter. this is what i have come up with. I think it is done correctly but could someone please have a look as I don't really have a great understanding of transisters. the three buttons will be replaced with outputs from the 4017.

Attachments

• Ball Counter.JPG
    Ball Counter.JPG
    15.6 KB · Views: 498
Hi Guys,
Still here and going at it. I have now got my Scoreboard Numbers which are powered by 7 Seg Drivers but the thing is these run off 12v. I have 5 Digits and another 7 seg driver which I will be using to light up the ball/strike/out leds as well. (see Attached Schematic). My question is how do I get 5v to power the BCD to 7 Seg decoder aswell as 12v to run the lights. I will need ball park 3amps 12v to power all the leds if all lit up at the same time.

Thanks

Ben.

Attachments

• 7 seg driver.jpg
    7 seg driver.jpg
    669 KB · Views: 658
  • Ball-Strike-Out Led.JPG
    Ball-Strike-Out Led.JPG
    22.6 KB · Views: 714
Simply use a 7805 regulator with 12v input from your power supply to get your 5V source for your decoder. Might need to heat sink it, depending on how many decoders you have hooked up to the 5v.

Did you follow through with this?

I've gotten so used to the layout on one of the Baseball channels I think I would almost rather see that format used for a scoreboard...

Anyway, here's my idea using three chips in the controller and three chips in the signboard... Communications cable carries power and noise immune long distance capable RS-485 serial data from the controller to the remote scoreboard (design will support multiple remote scoreboards)...

Mike

Hi Mike,

Did you ever fooow through with building this unit?

Thanks
Steve

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back