Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Looking for solution for our company

Status
Not open for further replies.

imtiyazd

Hi.................

After getting disappointment from many places, I hope my problem may be solved by u...

We are into carwash business, we operate in Mall and office parking. several time we come across incidents where our operator provide service and don't give receipt to customers also don't account that service in a log.

Daily we loss hundred of bucks. As we have more than 100 operators in different location its not easily to monitor them.

I am looking for some solution where without human interference it works, like self fuel station.

Coming to the point our operator carry a push cart which is filled with water and a low pressure motor is connected to it they spray water on vehicle and do cleaning, as per our rule normally we don't use more than 5 lit of water to clean a car, and as we are operating in indoor parking of malls and office spillage is big no no for us.

Is their any way to keep track of how many car they washes, by measuring water consumption we cant come to the point, because if car is clean they use less than 2 lit of water and if car is dirty they use more than 5 lit, some time they also use water to wash towel.

After scratching my head a lot i come to across an idea... we can keep combination of some kind of time switch and counter for motor. say let us program time switch for 10 or 15 mit. than motor turn off and for next service again it is turn on and so on, on each time its turned on counter is incremented here we will get a count no. of time motor on in other words no. of time service provided....but i dint come across any such device in market....please share your opinion and idea if you know any such switch please inform me....check out this switch it don't have counter **broken link removed**

Thanks for reading...

Last edited:
Ao are you trying to prevent them for washing cars, charging for it and not keeping all of the money?

I doubt there's a technical solution.

Perhaps you could try fitting the machine with CCTV? I still doubt it would work because it could be tampered with.

Unfortunately this sort of thing has been going on for as long as people have paid others to do work for them. There's no real solution other than god management and keeping the workers happy.

You need better management. Look into employing a supervisor who you can trust to keep an eye on the workers.The trouble is that costs money and it might not be worth it.

How about recording daily business on a video tape?

If there is a discrepancy between the number of cars washed and payments someone must be fired.

Boncuk

I think these are probably mobile push-cart washers that are moved around the parking ramps to wash cars in-place. Difficult to video tape unless the camera, recorder, and pump monitor are mounted on the cart. Thieving employees will probably find a way to defeat even this.

Ken

Find five employees you know are fiddling, find two or three more you think are fiddling, sack them all.
Do it quickly, as in "YOU ARE SACKED, GO NOW!"
Make sure the remaining employees know why the 7/8 have been sacked.
When recruiting replacements, make sure they know that they will get sacked if they start fiddling.

Simple!

JimB

How about recording daily business on a video tape?

If there is a discrepancy between the number of cars washed and payments someone must be fired.

Boncuk

Thanks for your reply, we even tried doing this, its not feasible to watch video of more than 100 employees for 7 hour....and some malls and offices don't allow us...must think of some thing which we don't have to double check....like if timer and counter is installed, each time they use machine timer will allow them to use water for 15 or 20 mit as we program and counter is updated each time to get a number of count

You will probably not find a solution that will resolve 100% and you probably don't want to spend more on something that will save you less than what you spend.
In this case I think you are not loosing, you are just earning less.

Are the customers on site when the cars are being washed? How about a large visible sign on the push-cart asking the customer to request a receipt and a simple device generating receipt or even a roll of numbered tickets would suffice. (obviously not the type you can buy at any office Depot)
If the employees tempers with this then I suggest replacing them.

Mike

problem here is we cant fire them...if we do so we are in loss because to get their visa and legal process we spend around $3500 to $4000....here in UAE we dont get locals for work.

Ok so if you can't replace them I guess you have to control them.
Why not setting up a water meter and make an average of meters of water used per car.
Lets say 3 liters per car.
If at the end of the day the operator reports washing 50 cars and used more than 150 liters of water you charge them a penalty, if they used less you give them a bonus!
If you do this, they will wash more cars with less water and they will report all of them or they will pay a penalty.

Mike

You will probably not find a solution that will resolve 100% and you probably don't want to spend more on something that will save you less than what you spend.
In this case I think you are not loosing, you are just earning less.

Are the customers on site when the cars are being washed? How about a large visible sign on the push-cart asking the customer to request a receipt and a simple device generating receipt or even a roll of numbered tickets would suffice. (obviously not the type you can buy at any office Depot)
If the employees tempers with this then I suggest replacing them.

Mike

we are working towards bringing system, if we have threat from inside from our own people how will we face eternal business threat.

in simple word without resolving internal issues we cant think of expansion...if we do so, after expansion the intensity of problem will grow more...its always better to kill problem then and their rather than giving time to grow stronger....and firing employees is just a temporary solution....

Thanks for your concern..

Thanks Mike

the operational problem here is if car is really dirty they have to use more water and if car is not much dirty they use lets say 2 lit...depending on qty used we cant track them and about providing them bonus they can earn more by stealing rather than earning bonus....which one will motivate them

I think these are probably mobile push-cart washers that are moved around the parking ramps to wash cars in-place. Difficult to video tape unless the camera, recorder, and pump monitor are mounted on the cart. Thieving employees will probably find a way to defeat even this.

Ken

Ok so if you can't replace them I guess you have to control them.
Why not setting up a water meter and make an average of meters of water used per car.
Lets say 3 liters per car.
If at the end of the day the operator reports washing 50 cars and used more than 150 liters of water you charge them a penalty, if they used less you give them a bonus!
If you do this, they will wash more cars with less water and they will report all of them or they will pay a penalty.

Mike

Ok my last try!

Would you say that for each car (clean or dirty) you turn on the water twice?
Once to get the dirt off and once to rinse?
I think this along with a water consumption limits would do it?

Here is a thing which can help me if only if it is connected with counter to keep track of how many times cart or motor is been used, each time motor on counter is incremented

**broken link removed**

**broken link removed**

Thanks again... u are really helpful..... what we do is we wash panel by panel first spray one panel wipe with microfiber than next panel and so on...as per training they can finish spraying and wiping within 15 mit than they don't use water other solution for shining and waxing

Ken

Ok my last try!

Would you say that for each car (clean or dirty) you turn on the water twice?
Once to get the dirt off and once to rinse?
I think this along with a water consumption limits would do it?

Surely there's an average water consumption given a certain weather conditions i.e. if it rains the cars will be more dirty?

They'll always be able to get away with the odd car or so but they shouldn't be allowed to get away with too many.

Why not use time lapse like most CCTV.

Take say one frame per second instead of 25 so the video runs at 25 the speed.

I am sitting and thinking about your problem. And to find a solution.

I have my own problems here too. I am in South Africa and have a staff member(s) who is (are) stealing. A lot. I just don't know how to nail them. And threats from the "Kingpin" that if he leaves he will take the business down with him. Because he knows lot's of customers that bring their TV's here.

Mostly all our "clientele" are of the same color as the "Kingpin". We are in one hell of a situation here. Get rid of all the bastards. Or loose the business?

It's Africa. And driving me insane.

Nothing honest anymore. Just kickbacks for useless bastards. That stuff everything up that they touch. Yes, it is true.

I had a lot more that I wanted to post....but better that I deleted the material.....

How to stop a thief??. .....Catch it in the act. Easier said than done. Am working on it though.......useless scum bags.

huumm...y dont you enforce system if their is a system there is very less chance of staying of wrong person... wrong person cant fit into correct system he'll quit... our intensity of prob is high...its not easy to control and monitor 120 people...i know its not impossible but problem of people u understand very well

I am sitting and thinking about your problem. And to find a solution.

I have my own problems here too. I am in South Africa and have a staff member(s) who is (are) stealing. A lot. I just don't know how to nail them. And threats from the "Kingpin" that if he leaves he will take the business down with him. Because he knows lot's of customers that bring their TV's here.

Mostly all our "clientele" are of the same color as the "Kingpin". We are in one hell of a situation here. Get rid of all the bastards. Or loose the business?

It's Africa. And driving me insane.

Nothing honest anymore. Just kickbacks for useless bastards. That stuff everything up that they touch. Yes, it is true.

I had a lot more that I wanted to post....but better that I deleted the material.....

How to stop a thief??. .....Catch it in the act. Easier said than done. Am working on it though.......useless scum bags.

Take the money handling part away from the washers! Use a fixed location parking stub system to issue a ticket for a wash. You get your time stamp, cash/credit/debit transaction, and a back check on employee logs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back