Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

im looking for an 8 bit push on, push off latch dip ic

777xxx

do they exist? i need it so that you press a button and it latches electronically, not psychically. and when you press it again it unlatches. i know that latch ic's exist btw

A way of doing LED and button on one pin per channel (Note think 1N4148 is LED) :

1710687416025.png

Of course this is code based, one could use block language to do this possibly. This puts
you in small dip Arduino type parts, just 8 pins needed.....

How much LED current do you need per LED ?

Regards, Dana.

Last edited:
Dana,

I'm curious, P1 has to be low for the LED to be on so how do you detect the second button press?

Mike.
Edit, I'd guess PWM the LED and check the push button when off.

You change pin from output to input temporarily to detect button state,
if butt pressed you bounce it in then then out, flip a flag, then go back to
output, and set its state based on flag.

Note if you hold button down the led turns on, even if flag indicates its supposed
to be off, until its released and bounced out (off).

Regards, Dana.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back