Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

LG23LX1RV TV/DVD Combo

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlackJack18

I am looking for an IC chip, AT49Fooo2N which is on the main vidio board. It seems no one sell just the chip I need. I tried the LG site and all they would sell is the socket on the main board. Can we not fix anything anymore without replacing the whole most expensive part in the tv?

Help

It's certainly becoming more rare to find an opportunity to replace discrete components.

Back in the day (find an old tube type kitchen radio and look inside) you could see, feel and smell every component in a electronics box.

Not no mo'.

Board level replacement is the norm (sadly) but in the main it isn't generally worth it to try to fix them. Takes way too much time and it's very difficult to know if there isn't some other component that dead as well. And forget finding or creating a schematic to help with the diagnosis.

And, in your case, finding a replacement part.

Good luck.

Thanks for the info, it is a sad day of throw things in the landfill and not to fix and save a little. I am old school and I have saved my 47 inch LCD TV which only cost 31 dollars. Thanks again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back