Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Lg Bc283w Vcr

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi folks

I have a resistor which I can't positively identify the colours on. They are: Orange; Green; and then possibly blue but not sure about this one. It's board number is R109 and it is tied in with the voltage regulator on the hot side of the power supply. Can anyone give me an idea of the value?

Many thanks
Alf

The third band is indistinguishable, but possibly blue.

Many thanks
Alf

hi,
If its Or:Gr:Bl thats 3 5 * 10^6 == 35MΩ thats a high value.

Obvious question, have you tried to measure it outside the circuit using an ohm meter.?

Hi Eric

I had worked out the value to about 35MΩ but thought that sounded high, though not sure what sort of value I should expect in that situation. I have removed the component from the board but it has open-circuited. Tried calling LG to obtain a schematic, or other info but got messages directing me around in circles.

The third colour is no darker than blue, and I thought it could be mauve or, at an outside guess, silver. It is too pale to be any of the lower value colours.

Thanks
Alf

Hi Eric

I had worked out the value to about 35MΩ but thought that sounded high, though not sure what sort of value I should expect in that situation. I have removed the component from the board but it has open-circuited. Tried calling LG to obtain a schematic, or other info but got messages directing me around in circles.

The third colour is no darker than blue, and I thought it could be mauve or, at an outside guess, silver. It is too pale to be any of the lower value colours.

Thanks
Alf

hi Alf,
I know its a pain, any chance of a clear photo.?

Someone may get inspired.;)

Photo of the culprit

Have (hopefully) attached a pic - hope it is clear enough.

Thanks
Alf

Attachments

• R109.jpg
    R109.jpg
    49.8 KB · Views: 212
hi Alf,
I dont think thats a Blue.!??

It looks silver to me.. = 0.35R +/- 5%

Look at the image.

Attachments

• esp01 Aug. 16.gif
    esp01 Aug. 16.gif
    12.2 KB · Views: 216
Last edited:
hi,
Compare the two in this clip.:)

Attachments

• esp03 Aug. 16.gif
    esp03 Aug. 16.gif
    29.8 KB · Views: 217
I dunno, first stripe looks kinda red to me. :)

Last edited:
hi,
Another image.:p

Hi Alf,
I are you getting this info.?

Attachments

• Image1.jpg
    Image1.jpg
    21.8 KB · Views: 204
Ok, through my investigative research and the power of photo shop I have revealed the true color of resistor in question. Colors are in order of Eg's last pic.

It's pink... lol

Ok probably orange :)

Attachments

• Resistorcolors.jpg
    Resistorcolors.jpg
    12.4 KB · Views: 182
Last edited:
Ok, trough my investigative research and the power of photo shop I have revealed the true color of resistor in question. Colors are in order of Eg's last pic.

It's pink... lol

Ok probably orange :)

hi,
As the resistor is on the psu section, its most likely a current sense resistor.
Alf says its open circuit, this would cause the psu to shut down.

Carefully relooking, thats a SILVER multiplier, its a 0.35R for sure.

Last edited:
hi,
As the resistor is on the psu section, its most likely a current sense resistor.
Alf says its open circuit, this would cause the psu to shut down.

Okay, okay. Just trying to bring a little humor... Sorry if my post was not apropos :eek:

Okay, okay. Just trying to bring a little humor... Sorry if my post was not apropos :eek:

hi Mike,
As they say Chill, I too was trying bring along a little humour.:D

I think we are going have to hold a seance to get a response from Alf.:)

hi Mike,
As they say Chill, I too was trying bring along a little humour.:D

I think we are going have to hold a seance to get a response from Alf.:)

No problem EG I am chillin. I am just still trying to figure out the value for pink as that color does not seem to be in my resistor mnemonic :)

lol

That makes sense as Salmon pink is 5% and chartreuse is 10%.

My conscience bothers me as some may believe this.. :)

Last edited:
Salmon pink signifies a high stability resistor - it's usually in addition to the normal bands.

hi,
Would you agree with my colour de-coding of that OP's resistor.?

ie: silver not blue.

Last edited:
For sure, I say silver.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back