Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Lg Bc283w Vcr

Status
Not open for further replies.
For once we agree!!...:eek:

Nice to see our local Mansfield girl doing well.:D

Yes, pretty impressive - a friend of mine now lives in Mansfield, and he overheard a neighbour talking the other day - apparently her son learnt to swim in the same class as Becky - obviously he didn't attend for as long, or do as well :D

(Anyway, we don't "disagree" we have "discussions" :D )

Last edited:
What about measuring it with a DVM?

That's what I normally do if I can't read the colour code.

What about measuring it with a DVM?

That's what I normally do if I can't read the colour code.

hi,
The OP says it open circuit, its out of his VCR , near the psu.

hi,
The OP says it open circuit, its out of his VCR , near the psu.

0.35 ohm is almost certainly the current monitoring resistor, so if it's blown the rest of the PSU probably is - he needs to check and replace EVERY faulty component.

Usually the fault is caused by a capacitor drying out, or a resistor going high, this causes the PSU to self destruct, taking out various components.

Hi folks
Sorry, but I've been sleeping down here in Oz while you guys have been enjoying friendly banter <g>. Also still on dial-up so usually only connected once a day. After eyeballing the thing for 2 days, I am finally convinced it IS silver and glad you all concur. So will treat it as 0.35ohm and as Nigel advises, will check further down the line.
Sincerely appreciate your interest and advice.
Many thanks to you all
Alf

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back