Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

LAPLACE TRANSFORM

Status
Not open for further replies.

cyprio7

hi guys, im studying BEng Electronic Engineering at uni. I find most subjects ok but im really struggling with Linear System Analysis.

this module is basically made up of laplace transforms, dirac's impulse, unit step function, linear differential equations, bounded unbounded signals etc.

iv been looking on the net but all i can find is pages and pages of confusing irrelevant information

i would say my maths is above average but its the concept of this shitty boring module that confuses me.

i was wondering if anybody can direct me to any sites which have good information on Laplace transforms, transfer functions etc.

and also, does anybody know how to integrate to infinity?

thanks

The point of Laplace transforms is to make the solution of differential equations much easier. Analysing electrical networks often leads to differential equations.

I don't know of any internet sites, when I was a student we used the book Network Analysis and synthesis by Franklin F Kuo.

Integration to infinity is possible since functions such as 1/x and e^-x approach zero as x approachs infinity.

Len

my suggestion is to use Mathematica or Mathcad.
i forgot already my admvance math subject. hope this may help you. :lol:

just 4 info

Lectures on laplace transform and impulses found on the net where quite hard to understand, that is why when I took up this lesson, I bought the book Advanced Engineering Mathematics by Erwin Kreyzig, It has bout three or five chapters of laplce and dirac discussions given in a very good detail. from simple exercises to a numerous engineering application. I t has also discussion on how to use MATLAB to solve laplace transform, I assure you, this would be an easy way of understanding..

try searching your library if there's the Schaum's outlines:Digital signal processing. It helped me save a lot of time in studying the laplace etc. It contains hundreds of problems and step by step solutions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back