Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

ISC 2n3055

Status
Not open for further replies.

codan

Hi All,

I have a square wave pulse circuit that i want to amplify the output using an ISC 2n3055 Transistor, could someone tell me what the maximum input voltage & maximum input current is for the ISC 2n3055 & also if this Transistor is actually suitable for this.

Also is there a schematic online somewhere that would do the job?

Thanks

We need much more data. Post a schematic,

or specify amplitude, period, rise/fall times of input and desired output.

What supply voltage?

What is the output load like?

Source impedance of what drives the 3055?

Output Signal

Amplitude is 18v

Period, on time is 20uS/ off time is 20uS

Rise/Fall 20uS

Supply Voltage to Circuit is 9V

Output Load is Inductive

How to Test Source Impedance????

Attachments

• 2N3055.pdf
    137.4 KB · Views: 222
Last edited:
Output Signal

Amplitude is 18v

Period, on time is 20uS/ off time is 20uS

Rise/Fall 20uS

Supply Voltage to Circuit is 9V

Output Load is Inductive

How to Test Source Impedance????

Getting 18V into an inductive load with only a 9V supply is tough unless you are willing to use a step-up transformer :confused:

If the rise/fall is the same as the on/off times, then the output is a triangle wave?

Here is WAG. The waveform across the load is highly dependent on the value of the inductance. The complicated expression in red is the power dissipated in the 3055; it needs to be on a heatsink!

Attachments

• 3055Switch.jpg
    3055Switch.jpg
    217.6 KB · Views: 259
Although I'm fond of the 2N3055 in a nostalgic way, having built several ckts in the 70's with it, I believe that for your frequency and risetimes requirements you could be better off with a power Mosfet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back