Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Is this OK to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

hobbyguy

I have two fan that i took from a projector that didn't work but the info of those two fan said DC 12V 0.26A that i want to power by a USB and the adaptor that i going to be connected to the wall is from a cell phone charger that has Input 100-240V- 50/60Hz 0.2A Output 5.1V=0.7A. I connect it already and nothing happen but my question is can i leave it over and hour and nothing wrong would happen, Thank you. :)

No, you have about a 5 volt source and 12 volt fans. Most fans like this will sometimes spin slow at 5 volts but will not start at 5 volts. Leaving them on for an hour will not change anything. You need the correct voltage for the fans.

Ron

OK thank you.
well it does spin pretty good not as fast like a 12V source would make it spin but its good enough and just wanted to know if anything would happen if i leave it on for a while. But thank you again.

Sorry audioguru but just wanted to make sure. And i cant say it would never happen again cause I'm pretty sure it will. And you could post this again if you like but it never hurts to double check with somebody that really knows all this electrical stuff.

Sorry audioguru but just wanted to make sure. And i cant say it would never happen again cause I'm pretty sure it will. And you could post this again if you like but it never hurts to double check with somebody that really knows all this electrical stuff.
This is extremely simple electric stuff. A 12V motor runs poorly or not at all with only 5V. It is made to run properly with 12V.

Are we getting 6 years old kids asking simple questions now?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back