Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Help needed: how to prevent electronic drawer from closing (locking) untill everything is returned to the tray?

kuna47

Dear forum members,

First of all, sorry for my bad English.
i need help. Sorry if my question is not posted in the right forum group.
The problem is the following...
The Android application manages an electronic drawer (like a money drawer) that opens with the start button in the application. The drawer contains certain parts of the tool. When the tray with the tool is returned to the drawer, the application notes that the drawer is closed. How to make the drawer cannot be closed (locked) until the tool is in its place inside the tray inserted in the drawer. How can the drawer "know" if everything is returned? Can anyone think of an electronic or mechanical solution to this problem? Is the solution a weight sensor, a broken electrical circuit or...? Note, nothing should be glued or attached in any way to the tool and the tool is not metal.
Thank you in advance

A weight sensor on a drawer tray should work as long as there will always be the same tools put back in the drawer.

If the draw can have a variable mix, and more than whats required,
but one of parts missing but overall weight is met, then only real
solution is a combination of AI and image recognition. Or possibly
a neural net solution to the analysis problem.

Regards, Dana.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back