Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Can this isolated FET drive chip do 100% duty cycle

Status
Not open for further replies.
Odd they do not show "0" or "DC" instead of a "-" for min frequency

1673779925996.png

And this seems to indicate AC coupling thru signal chain which would mean
not 100 %......

1673780099924.png

Post question on Infineon support website ?

Regards, Dana.

And this seems to indicate AC coupling thru signal chain which would mean
not 100 %......
I think the diagram is not clear. Some companies show that picture and the ON-edge or OFF-edge pass through the transformer. Other companies show the same picture, but the transformer is connected to a 200mhz oscillator. This is much the same as a RF carrier with data.

From my experience, the topside drivers that cannot do 100 are limited by the way the top side power supply is created. Here is an example where the top side supply is created by D1 charging C1,2. I have used a different supply that does not use D1 charging, and it does work to 100%.
R.e4f48fb95ffdca084b0e12289021e135

I think the diagram is not clear. Some companies show that picture and the ON-edge or OFF-edge pass through the transformer. Other companies show the same picture, but the transformer is connected to a 200mhz oscillator. This is much the same as a RF carrier with data.

From my experience, the topside drivers that cannot do 100 are limited by the way the top side power supply is created. Here is an example where the top side supply is created by D1 charging C1,2. I have used a different supply that does not use D1 charging, and it does work to 100%.
R.e4f48fb95ffdca084b0e12289021e135

Which leads to the need to directly contact Infineon for an answer.
Thanks for the heads up though on trust but verify, not all is as it
seems.....

Regards, Dana.

Thanks, infineon forum told me they dont do any 100% duty cycle gate drivers...

fROM INFINEON FORUM.....
In our portfolio we don't have any dedicated gate driver for 100% duty cycle/ 0 Hz frequency operation,

You can try this 0Hz operation by adding a charge pump circuit and a timer-based circuit to the gate driver.

You can explore our Gate driver portfolio in the link- https://www.infineon.com/cms/en/product/power/gate-driver-ics/#!products

Thanks, sorry but are you sure about it, i thought they were capacitively coupled (IR2110), and so woudlnt respond to a constantly high dc input?....ie, it woudl need to constantly change?

Thanks, infineon forum told me they dont do any 100% duty cycle gate drivers...

fROM INFINEON FORUM.....

Thanks, sorry but are you sure about it, i thought they were capacitively coupled (IR2110), and so woudlnt respond to a constantly high dc input?....ie, it woudl need to constantly change?

Did you get that report from them before asking here? If so why do you think the company making the product wouldn't know their own products?

Once upon a time, semiconductor companies would publish very extensive datasheets and thorough app-notes to properly utilize an IC. More so if the IC would be applied in “creative” ways.
Those days are gone.
Nowadays, all one gets is a typical circuit, perhaps a simulation tool which doesn’t simulate correctly borderline conditions.

Besides asking the vendors, the best approach would be to purchase an Eval-board, if they offer one, and test the hell out of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back