Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

IoT doomed - Philososphical question

Status
Not open for further replies.
See:
Oops, your web browser is no longer supported.
YouTube works with a wide range of browsers. However, if you'd like to use many of our latest and greatest features, please upgrade to a modern, fully supported browser.

Find the latest versions of our supported browsers below.

This message is based on the the user agent string reported by your browser. Any extensions and plugins you have installed might modify the user agent string. We received:
[redacted]

No suppose this is an IOT with a web interface?

They "Depreciate" stuff in the browsers.
Thats only one type of IOT, TBh its a good example of exactly what true IOT isnt.

I designed my own PIC32 pcb with a connector for Ethernet interface.
I couldn't get it to work. The PIC SPI read line didn't do anything.
I got in touch with microchip and they were baffled too.
So I scrapped the project.

They suggested getting a PIC Ethernet starter kit.
So I got one, programmed it up and that didnt work either !
I got in touch with microchip and after some toing and froing they admitted there were issues with PIC32MX and their TCPIP harmony software.

So a bit disappointed with microchip and internet of things.

Always choose open-source/open-standards over proprietary, and make sure your choice has a strong community backing. That eliminates most of the problem anyway. Arduino, for example, not only meets those requirements but the platform can also be used to program a wide variety of other chips too (including the PIC32MX).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back