Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

InterCom / Door Phone

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sorry, I can't tell if that's a yes or no. I'll post the schematic anyway.

The RFID card reader is a Parallax serial RFID reader like this one: **broken link removed**

Attachments

• Lock, relay.JPG
    Lock, relay.JPG
    634 KB · Views: 315
  • Lock, full solid state.JPG
    Lock, full solid state.JPG
    741.5 KB · Views: 270
  • Lock, full solid state with limit talk.JPG
    Lock, full solid state with limit talk.JPG
    628.5 KB · Views: 294
two p1 pots?? not only have 1 p1 pots at master circuit there ?

I changed the original design to have P1 on the master PCB only since familiar persons will operate the device. The slave has two fixed value resistors (R10 and R11) to set the volume.

Turning the volume pot all the way down there won't be anything audible.

Boncuk

here are the circuits you 1st and 2nd time you sent for me , i want to ask why got 2 more extra connection , that mean i need shielded 6-wire cable ....?

You asked for more connections to connect the intercom to the sound card of your PC!

Boncuk

The intercom will feed all kinds of nasty noises from outdoors into the home.
Dogs barking, cats fighting, motorcycles, trucks and jet airplanes.

I think it should be turned off when it is not being used and be turned on by the person outdoors pressing the doorbell button. Then the master can turn it off when the communication is finished.

At this time it will probably also feed the lovely voices of angels singing Christmas songs. :)

I think it should be turned off when it is not being used and be turned on by the person outdoors pressing the doorbell button. Then the master can turn it off when the communication is finished.

ya ..... but the intercom not having a "privacy switch" which is function as a POWER ON/OFF of the intercom??

i went to shop viewed , i dunno whether inside got shielded or not , and the shopkeeper dunno, got any out look to showing me ??

and is the cable using is audio cable ?? but what i found is just have 2 wire inside

Last edited:
ya ..... but the intercom not having a "privacy switch" which is function as a POWER ON/OFF of the intercom??

The circuit I suggested doesn't have a POWER ON/OFF switch. Without a POWER ON/OFF switch you'll have the advantage of listening to outdoor voices. Just your own voice won't be heard when the switch is in the "SILENT" position.

Boncuk

52 posts for a simple problem like that goes over my mind. (It's almost killing me). :mad:

I'm out!

Boncuk

A cable with an RCA plug on each end is used for each channel of audio from a TV to an amplifier and the cable is shielded. But it might be too short for an intercom.

Just guess if +12V should be AC or DC.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back