Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Induction loop tester circuit

Status
Not open for further replies.

be80be

Induction loop tester circuit ?
Thoughts I install a lot of these. Problem is from time to time the guys I have working forget to mark them so I end up with 4 or 5 of these That i have to find out
where they are located in the pad.
The way it's done now is I hook a set up at the gate and roll a car over it that takes time.

W I want to do is make a tester that can locate them one by one without hooking them up to the gate and finding them with a car LOL
I figure I could send out a signal that if a place say a sender on the loop and receiver over the loop would be a lot easier then driving over the loop.
Any good ideas are welcome.

There are a number of models with similar model numbers that are confusing, so be careful when buying used. I wasn;t.

Brilliant idea, I was trying to think of some way of finding it as a coil..

Based on the cable tracer idea, a British Telecom type unit would be fine, aka a "Knocker" - I use one of those and a pair tracer for locating wires in machine tools.

A Tempo 87 osc and 109 amp would work, or complete kit, Tempo 132.
The all in one amp probe is OK for moderate distances, the type that takes an external coil can be used to detect deep underground cables miles from the oscillator..

Full set, external probe type, new: **broken link removed**

But they do often appear very cheaply on ebay used. I picked up a spare set from a local secondhand shop a few weeks back, for a tenner as no one knew what they were...

tempo_set.JPG

You want to check a ground induction loop car detector?
A 10mh choke on the end of a signal tracer or simple Lm380 circuit will probably tell you theres a excitation signal, if its in the audio range.
Or wind yourself a small test coil say 12", then compare it to the signal to a real coil with a car over it using different magnetic objects placed near the coil, when you get a similar signal then you have your simple test jig.

I don't want check it I want find it lol.
The problem is when they pour concrete they most times mess up the labels.
So I end up having to hook each set up one at time and drive a car over each loop till I find the one i need.
There's lot's of loops two before each gate and 2 after but there more then one gate side by side.

I can test the loops fine it just takes time with a car parked on a loop.
It's not bad when the concrete guy don't mess with my loop wires but lately they are very hard on them.

My idea was like make something that works like a loop amplifier set something over each loop one at a time and it pick that up to find
the right loop that hooked up that save me from having to use my truck to find them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back