Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

immigration to canada

Status
Not open for further replies.

4electros

I'm now at final year of electronic engineering studying and i'll be graduated till the end of this year,so i want to do my postgraduate studies in canada and also to immigrate to canada.
so i need any useful info from you about that.

thanks

It gets pretty cold if you are going to study way up at the North Pole and you will be eaten by polar bears.
If you are near civilization then it gets cold only in winter. It gets nice and warm in summer.
I never learned how to play hockey and I have lived in Canada all my long life, just little kids and a few millionaires play hockey.
You don't need much protection because the mosquitoes are nearly gone around my place, but protect yourself from nasty visting Americans.:D

Bet it's warmer here in the middle of winter, than your hottest mid-summer day...

Canadian Mobile home: House built on a glacier...

I am in southern Canada, with some of the USA to the North of me and colder than me. Only a few days each summer it is so hot it is unbearable, but Florida and many other American places are like that year-round.
We don't have any galciers that I have seen, and don't have hurricanes.
I have never seen poor Cubans or Mexicans sneaking across Canada's border but some Chinese came in boats and only a few survived the trip.

Hope that is West Canada for the Chineese boaters sake. :)

Florida is great with the exception of 4-10 days a year (if you live) I would not trade it.

I spent a lot of time in Canada working in Kanata. Learn to stay inside a lot (it is cold), hockey was a big deal when I was there but that was a long time ago. But they have great (the best) beer.

audioguru said:
... but protect yourself from nasty visting Americans.:D
America has its share of bad apples and lazy butts, but Canada is chocked full of brainless dopes and dumb asses... especially in the city of Toronto. I've always been amazed at how clean that city is kept... almost model like... considering all the dummies that live and walk around there. Keeping their town neat and clean probably uses 80% of their brain mass, leaving 15% to control their central nervous systems, and then a mere 5% to interact with fellow humans. Good thing Audio Guru doesn't live in that town or we be reading replies from him along the lines of:

"I nerd help wit electrikal circus immediate for class projekt .... must use 5 volt stability chip from 12 volt power wit minimil interaction to constant current source." :confused: :confused: :eek:

;) ;) :D

audioguru said:
some Chinese came in boats and only a few survived the trip.
They're all at Niagara Falls with their cameras! Everytime I go there, it's predominately orientals & Indi/Pakis leaning over the railings trying to photograph that all important molecule of water that just cascaded off the brink amidst the 1/2 million gallons/second of river water!!! They also cram into the Maid of the Mist.... in keeping with the "boat people" theme!

**broken link removed**

I live pretty close to Toronto and laugh at the morons when I go there. Most work in all the bank head offices.

At Niagara Falls I see many Japanese people with cameras, not Chinese. Only a single huge Indian family goes there and they walk around and around and around and ...

4electros said:
I'm now at final year of electronic engineering studying and i'll be graduated till the end of this year,so i want to do my postgraduate studies in canada and also to immigrate to canada.
so i need any useful info from you about that.

thanks

why would you do a silly thing like that?

Many Americans are difficult to understand because they talk with their guns.

American accents?
Hill-Billies in Kentucky, Tennessee, and the Carolinas. The southern drawl in Georgia, Alabama and Louisianna. Puerto Ricans, Cubans and Mexicans speaking with a Spanish accent. Africans and Jamaicans.
I think Florida is full of old French Canadians who don't speak English.

Funnily enough on old friend of mine moved to Medina, NY (nor far from Audioguru) a number of years ago, now when he comes back to England he's got a terrible American accent - yet over there he's still considered to have a strong English accent!.

When I visited England I noticed many different accents. Cockney was barely intelligible, then the Northern accent and the Southern accent were different.
I went over to Wales where the language was very different again.

English accents can change within a few miles of each other in some places. There again the London accent covers a much larger are (most of the south east of England).

audioguru said:
American accents?
Hill-Billies in Kentucky, Tennessee, and the Carolinas. The southern drawl in Georgia, Alabama and Louisianna. Puerto Ricans, Cubans and Mexicans speaking with a Spanish accent. Africans and Jamaicans.
I think Florida is full of old French Canadians who don't speak English.
How dare you leave out the Haitians.. :D

Hero999 said:
English accents can change within a few miles of each other in some places. There again the London accent covers a much larger are (most of the south east of England).

Few miles, the next block over. We have nice area and bad area all through-out SE Florida..

audioguru said:
When I visited England I noticed many different accents. Cockney was barely intelligible, then the Northern accent and the Southern accent were different.
I went over to Wales where the language was very different again.

There are many different accents in Britain, often over fairly small areas - it's always amusing to hear American actors trying to do an English accent, they never sound anything like any you ever hear in real life :D

Mind you, it's probably the same with English actors trying to do American accents?.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back