Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

immigration to canada

Status
Not open for further replies.
Allo Guy's,
Take a read of this diary entry on a bird that migrated to Canada. I haven't laughed so much in ages but it does have some strong language so don't show the kid's
View attachment Canadian immigrant.txt

Cheers Bryan :D

The area i'm from (Wilstshire) is supposed to have quite a strong accent. I certainly never notice it compared to other areas. I don't think I notice accents very much, definately can't hear the Australian accent on Neighbours. I can hear American accents though quite easily, especially on women. If you want a strong accent you need to hear someone from Glasgow speak! Even I can barely understand that.

LOL That story is prety funny.

Well snow realy is anoying.Last year there was a stupid half a meter of it here.Etlest the snow plow dosent screw me up.

In my part of Canada the white stuff in winter isn't snow, it is the salt they put on the roads to melt the ice.

I don't mow the grass in winter, I shovel snow from my driveway instead, or just let it sit there and melt in the Spring.

Someone Electro said:
Well snow realy is anoying.Last year there was a stupid half a meter of it here.Etlest the snow plow dosent screw me up.

We've not had any bad snow here for a while now, the worst recently was 1990 - by daughter was a couple of months old, and we had no electricity, no phones, and no water for about 10 days!. A guy on the end of out street was digging down trying to find his car!.

audioguru said:
Many Americans are difficult to understand because they talk with their guns.
So what's difficult to understand about that? Seems pretty clear to me, but what do I know?

audioguru said:

We are obsessed with guns & the right to own them. I personally am not however.

**broken link removed**

Last edited:
audioguru said:

Difficult to understand? Let's break it down to simple terms for you then:

Everytime I head to the woods this magnum fella does my talking for me:
**broken link removed**

And when I'm around travelling around town this fella speaks on my behalf:
**broken link removed**

They're both go well with my stylish hat!
**broken link removed**

I can travel around any town in Canada without worrying about being mugged, so I don't need to carry a gun. Aren't Americans humans? Or animals?

audioguru said:
I can travel around any town in Canada without worrying about being mugged, so I don't need to carry a gun.

But what happens if you are walking all by yourself and you come across a pack of ornery beer cans lined up on a fence? You've got to be prepared!

Besides cans and bottles, I've killed myself some very fine pieces of paper too!

I don't carry even though I'm licensed to nor do I hunt with the exception of the coyotes that like to mess with my dogs. My primary reason for having a good sized arsenal is the marksmanship side of it. I love developing new loads to improve accuracy well over 600 yards!

Last edited:
Canadian beer is stronger than American beer so the guys who drink too much of it fall off the fence and go to sleep. No danger.:D

audioguru said:
Aren't Americans humans? Or animals?

Over here we quote them as seppo's :D

Last edited:
There is no doubt the beer is stronger. It's been years since I have visited. But I recall the beer was great and it was the first time I had pizza with pineapple on it (yuck).

Far as guns in the States, you sort of need them to protect yourself from bad people that have them.

mramos1 said:
There is no doubt the beer is stronger. It's been years since I have visited. But I recall the beer was great and it was the first time I had pizza with pineapple on it (yuck).

Ham and pineapple?, classic combination!.

HarveyH42 said:
You'd figure that a lot of Canadians would own guns. How do you protect yourselves from bears and wolves?
Canadians living in civilization never see bears or wolves.
Do many Americans live out in the "sticks" with bears and wolves?

audioguru said:
Canadians living in civilization never see bears or wolves.
Do many Americans live out in the "sticks" with bears and wolves?

Well, I'm guess that "civilization" and "sticks" are purely subjective... It's more a question of land development. Florida is getting to the point of being over-developed, as the wildlife tend to find their ways into even very heavily populated areas. The usually have 4-5 black bear problems in Orlando every year. The gators pretty much go where ever they want. Even Panthers wind up in town. Canada must have more wide open spaces, if the wildlife doesn't mix.

Personally, If I didn't have to work for a living, I think I would prefer living in the "sticks", as I'm sure a man would have more freedom to do what he pleases on his own land.

To get back to the original post. I doubt very much that folks in Syria can do anything at all, let alone whatever they want! Any place that improves on that standard would be a good place to go, if freedom is your goal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back