Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Illuminated Push Buttons

Status
Not open for further replies.
Typically, you use one of the spare contacts to operate the lamp. Industrial controls are usually 24 VDC. Having even current limited 120 VAC is a shock hazard when changing lamps.

I know, I got annoyed when a manufacturer changed the design of their lamps and captured the heat with an O-ring and the plastic on the lens just cracked. So, eventually 100 of these push/button and lamp combo were replaced by IDEC LED combos. Yea, you had to pick the same color LED and lens face. Well worth not having to relamp.

I used these AL6 series lamps. https://www.newark.com/catalog_129/index.html?page=1757 I used the rectangular ones because they were easier to label. You label under the lens. Printing on transparency film works.

Watch it, you have to buy parts separately.

Check the specs and find out what the lamp base is. You may be able to change to a lower voltage. Personally, don;t use incadesent bulbs. They get dimmer, but don;t burn out.

I used these AL6 series lamps. https://www.newark.com/catalog_129/index.html?page=1757 I used the rectangular ones because they were easier to label. You label under the lens. Printing on transparency film works.

Watch it, you have to buy parts separately.

Check the specs and find out what the lamp base is. You may be able to change to a lower voltage. Personally, don;t use incadesent bulbs. They get dimmer, but don;t burn out.

Another good alternative

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back