Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Connecting 6 push buttons with ESP32 with 1 common pin

StealthRT

Hey all I have 6 buttons that have the following voltage:

enter image description here

I want to hook up a 4N25 to each one of these so I can use the ESP32 as a "virtual push" to each of these buttons. When the button is pressed the 3.2vdc goes to ground.

To minimize the amount of wire going to each one I have come up with the following:

Is it possible to just hook 1 of the buttons left/bottom pins to all of the 4N25 chips so that I dont have to run 2 wires per button? Or is there a better way of doing this that will minimize the amount of wires?

Would the AQW282S do fine since its an SSD Relay?
You could only try it and see, unlike a proper relay though it's not guaranteed to work.

You should be aware that SSD relays are very poorly named, they certainly have their uses, but as a 'relay' they are a very poor imitation of a real relay. Even worse, from recent posts on the forums, it's not uncommon for the SSD you receive to be entirely different internally to the datasheet.

The datasheet for the TM1650 says there is 2k in series with the switch circuit so a little leakage current could be a big problem.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back