Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

I can't record voice by IC ISD1700 it not response anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.

mmc01

I try to use ISD1700 like this datasheet https://www.electro-tech-online.com/custompdfs/2013/08/ISD1700_Design_Guide.pdf in page 76.

I want to use with microphone . I use Rosc pin 20 = 100k(ohm) . All Capacitor ceramic = 0.1uF. All capacitor electrolite = 4.7uF 25V. I don't use pin 2,3,17,27 not connect with anything. I don't understand how to connect different GND. I connect every GND to same GND and all VCC (vcca,vccd,vccp) to same vcc 5V from power supply . when I test my circuit it not have sound. I check speaker it ok but it have no sound from circuit. I use 8 Ohm 1.5W speaker. How to use ISD1700 with microphone. please help me.

hi,
Is the ISD1700 fully connected as shown on page #76?,, posted the circuit diagram for reference.

E

Attachments

• AAesp01.gif
    AAesp01.gif
    44.1 KB · Views: 366
I haven't checked the datasheet, but looking at the circuit in post #2 it seems to me it might be worth using reset input pin 3, just in case the IC has locked up in some weird state.

I test on board. when I test this circuit I jump line green at pin 24 to pin 23. It have no voice from circuit. I connect pin 3 (reset) to VCC it also have no voice.

2013-08-06 20.19.50-1.jpg

Last edited:
I jump line green at pin 24 to pin 23.
Why connect pins 23 and 24 together? It can't record and play back at the same time.
I connect pin 3 (reset) to VCC it also have no voice.
Pin 3 needs to be briefly pulled to ground to cause a reset.

The green wire of the speaker should go to pin 13 (not 12 !).

Edit: Pin 12 should go to Gnd.

Last edited:
I don't connect pin 23 and 24 together. I connect pin 24 to GND when I record and connect pin 23 to GND when I want to play. Now I connect pin 3(reset) to GND and I use LED in circuit. when I connect pin 24 to GND LED blink 7 time and when I connect pin 23 to GND LED also blink 7 time. Actually LED blink 7 time when I use any button (REC,PLAY,ERASE). But it have no sound from circuit yet. :confused:

I don't connect pin 23 and 24 together. I connect pin 24 to GND when I record and connect pin 23 to GND when I want to play.
That makes more sense.
Actually LED blink 7 time when I use any button (REC,PLAY,ERASE).
Do 7 blinks mean 'ok', or 'there's an error' ?
Have you corrected the speaker (pin 13) and pin 12 (Gnd) connections?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back