Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

i-button/1-wire question

Status
Not open for further replies.

algenon_iii

Hi,

Hope you guys can help with this.

I've got a LinkUSB controller that I've used with a borrowed DS1402-RP3 probe (terminated with an RJ-11) and that seems to be work fine.

Now the problem is I've got a DS9092+ panel mount probe (no connector just bare wires), I made my own lead and hooked it up to the LinkUSB controller and nothing it won't read the iButton (I've checked polarities).

I can 'talk' to the LinkUSB so I'm guessing it's still working, sadly I've given back the DS1402 probe so I can't check the iButton itself.

Any ideas? I'm wondering if there's a bit of electronics in the DS1402 that isn't present in the DS9092 or the DS9092 is somehow faulty.

TIA

EDIT
Well looks like it must have been a bad connection somewhere as the DS1402 is fine now after a bit of fiddling about!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back