Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Meter (how can i wire it)

Status
Not open for further replies.

hobbyguy

Hello I have a quick question on how do i wire this Voltage meter? Has just one of each color cables Red, Black, Yellow, White and Green.
I have the same one as the link but just can figure it out on how to wire and where the voltage goes.
Well thank you. :)

Meter.gif

I cannot find any other place selling that exact unit, and the place you link to gives no detail at all.

As an educated guess:
Most likely, the red and black are the power supply.
If you have a multimeter, see if there is continuity between black and green, or another wire?

Green may be input common (connected to black) and one of the others the voltage input?

It also has an input to allow connection with a current shunt, for the ammeter display. (That at least is mentioned in the listing). It cannot "read" current without the separate shunt.

You could try briefly connecting the red & black to a 9V battery, to see if it powers up?
Make sure the polarity is correct. And if you try that, it is at your own risk; I am only guessing!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back