Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

how u all know ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

imgemini

hi friennds

how u know that now u have to use this resistor and capisistor .....i mena how u understand the flow of power in any cricuit......

Well, I don't know about the rest of these guys, but I went to college for 6 years, and have been working as an engineer for almost 40 more.

I spent 4 years in repair, the next 16 in design engineering and the last 4 in industrial instrumentation (with college courses scattered all thru those 24 years) ... JB

And now for a useful response:

You need to learn basic electronics principles and circuit analysis. Here are two links to get you started:

**broken link removed**

Or you can do the school thing. Myself, I have an A.S. in electronics.

Well for me a 4year (English) Masters and 4years in R&D

But as for your question abt the flow.

treat electrical circuits (to start with) like pipes with water in them.

Say a battery is like a tank of water: ie it has the "potetial" to let watr to flow. The bigger the tank the higher the potential waterflow.

and the actual waterflow is like electical current. It flows from the source to the point of lowest potential.

Treat a valve like a transistor and a pipe getting smaller like an increase in resistance.

A capacitor like a local tank and god knows what plumming equiv of an inductor is???

hi

well i m also Ms telecomm eng but

how one know .ok i need 50k resistor or capitor here........if i dont have this i will use this ....... i mean u kknow this IC will work for me there r so many IC,s....

well you have to ask yourself what do you want to achive.
try to think of model of the circuit (or draw it) and calcualte.
chances are that results are not comon values so you have
to get the closest one available.

For example:
You want to go to Radio Shack to get LED but you
would like to connect it to 9V battery. How do you do it?
Add resistor? Parallel or serial? What value? What is normal
operating range for the LED? What is acceptable battery
voltage?

Challenge nr2:
You have same idea but want to use 5 LEDs. What is the most
efficient way to connect them (remember, they have to run
on battery and this means limited power).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back