Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

All Electronics in California Is Closing – Good Sale

For The Popcorn

Most Helpful Member
As is happening all too often these days, All Electronics in Los Angeles, California is going out of business after more than 50 years. Their store closed as of August 31, but online sales will continue for another month or so.

They have new and some used stuff, and a lot of it's selling cheap. If you're in the US, it's worth taking a look. I bought a bunch of switches, connectors, heat sinks, ICs and terminal blocks, and shipping was only ten bucks.

They have been a mandatory stop any time I'm in the area for many years. They will be missed.

Fair Radio Sales in the US is another 50+ year electronics company that also announced recently that they are calling it quits. Their specialty was largely military surplus but they have a varied selection. I'm sure there are bargains to be had there.

Geez, thinking back, I first bought stuff from Fair Radio Sales in the early 70s. God, I am old.

Back in the day(1970s) here in UK, component and surplus electronics shops / stores were in nearly every town, Bought my first OC71 transistor in Birmingham , Henry's Hurst street (possibly), after spending an hour rummaging through old computer boards, and packs of resistors etc. Was a place in Shewsbury, it had huge piles of old millitary radio stuff and trays of antique capacitors, and valves ( tubes) God I am old too...

The count is around a dozen of these surplus places closing doors, starting in the nineties... Walking to Halted, Haltek, Olson, Alltronics, was a Disneyland candy store.
Now I suppose China has them. As everything else.
:arghh:

Mendlesons in Dayton ohio closed.
Hosfelt oh ohio 5 year
s ago, excess solutions about 2yrs ago..Sphere in Canada is closing, apex Jr greatly downsized and moved...
Ralphs electronics surplus closed.
Gerber electronics in England states closed had a lot of old Stuff that met the dumpster other stuff to another vender.
Most of the owners are old and calling it quits one way or the other

the below was in an email but dont see anything on the web site yet
Dear Valued Customers,

We regret to inform you that we will be closing our business effective
September 29th, 2023. After close to fifty years of operation it is no
longer financially feasible for us to continue operations.

Please don't hesitate to contact us regarding any issues, concerns, or any
last time buy stock opportunities.

Thank you for your patronage and we wish you success for the future.

Regards,
Cary Citro
Owner B&D Enterprises
www.bdent.com

Radio Shack stores in Canada closed a handful of years ago. Their products appear in thrift stores or flea markets. It was assumed that The Source for Electronics - not part of The Source for Sports - acquired the inventory. Tandy Corporation, the parent company, was headquartered in Barrie, Ontario, Canada. Tandy Leather is an unrelated entity.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back