Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How much do you pay for gas at the pump !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bob Scott said:
So it would appear that UK gas prices are out of step, about double what everyone else pays. About £1.10 or $2.20 per litre.

Basically because it's almost all tax, the UK actually has the most efficient petrol distribution system, and lowest cost, in all of Europe - but then the government stick LOADS of tax on it, then they add 17.5% tax on the tax they charge us as well!.

Nigel Goodwin said:
Basically because it's almost all tax, the UK actually has the most efficient petrol distribution system, and lowest cost, in all of Europe - but then the government stick LOADS of tax on it, then they add 17.5% tax on the tax they charge us as well!.
And thats after we've been taxed at up to 40% on our wages .......

I got a tax rebate last year - I'm earning that little at the moment lmao.

Its not that hard these days to hit the £36k mark - especially if you are a teacher :p

In Britain, most of the gasoline tax is payed by car and truck owners.
In Canada where gasoline is fairly cheap with much less tax, more tax is payed by everybody even if they do not own a car or truck.

Which is the fairest?

Actually in Britain, most of the truck owners are now foreign.

It makes more financial sense to fill up offshore then drive round Britain in dodgy unroadworthy trucks undercutting the UK businesses (and putting them out of business) then return to their own country to fill back up with fuel.

One of the biggest UK haulage companies not so long ago laid off most of its drivers and replaced them with immigrant workers. Others now have their base out of the country and import the trucks/lorries on a daily basis to do the work over here.

Occasionally, police here stop and inspect every truck for road-worthyness. Most are not allowed to continue their trip until very important things are fixed.

My son was driving on the highway when a front wheel came off and he saw it go by. Luckily the car sparked along straight to a stop then a police car came and blocked the lane until the car could be towed away.
That was the first time my son installed a wheel (wrong).
I helped him retreive the wheel that went pretty far. Very little damage to the car or to the wheel.

I tried to fill up my car at $3.42 for 87 octane a few days ago. Couldn't afford much. :(

yeah gas is shooting up a lot. i have a small mowing biz in my hood (like 4 to 8 people to lazy to do it on their own) i am 13 so this is gold for me 40 bucks for one hour per mow but no......gas i have to pay 4 bucks for a gallon of the G stuff its runing my biz

davidbball13 said:
yeah gas is shooting up a lot. i have a small mowing biz in my hood (like 4 to 8 people to lazy to do it on their own) i am 13 so this is gold for me 40 bucks for one hour per mow but no......gas i have to pay 4 bucks for a gallon of the G stuff its runing my biz

That's almost free - wish it was that cheap over here! :D

One or two weeks ago he was only 12. His age suddenly shot up 8.3%.
So now he should charge more.

audioguru said:
One or two weeks ago he was only 12. His age suddenly shot up 8.3%.
So now he should charge more.
i had my bday i dono about charging more i like to have happy paying customers
plus i get to use their pool :eek:

3/4 of a gallon of gas to mow a lawn??
Does your lawnmower have a high power V8 engine?

My gas lawnmower goes all summer with one gallon. Hundreds of mows.
And it doesn't fly as fast as this lawn mower:
**broken link removed**

How much do you pay for gas?

Here in Texas we are paying an ARM and a LEG. :)

RE: How much do you pay for gas at the pump

We pay $3.42 here in Mississippi. $0.63 of that is taxes. That really kills the normal man. UGH my cousin put $20.00 of gas in his car, it only amounted to 5 f******* gallons of gasoline.

<RANT>The high price of gas is driving costs up not only here but everywhere. It looks like the upper class is trying and succeeding at killing off the middle class by driving the cost of everything up so that the average Joe and Jane can't afford to eat or keep themselves stable. <End RANT>

My car (a medium sized family car) with a 2 Litre engine (around 30-35mpg) now cost the equivalent of $120 to fill the tank from empty :(

I get around 250 miles of driving out of that - I use the car mainly for the school runs and picking up parts.

Any long journeys we do, we tend to use my partners car as its a diesel, does 50+ MPG and the fuel is paid for by her company ......

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back