Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How much do you pay for gas at the pump !

Status
Not open for further replies.

RODALCO

I was curious what the fuel prices were in different parts of the world.

Because this is such a large forum spread over different countries we could see how much we get ripped off in our or other countries.
The bulk is tax anyway and local levies etc.

To compare it would be good to also convert the price per litre or gallon to US dollars as well.

OK, in Auckland, New Zealand we have 5 major players, Shell, BP, Mobil, Caltex and Gull.
Then 2 smaller players are GAS (BP) and Challenge (Caltex) trading under different names.

Going rates today 24th April are:

NZ$ 1.49 diesel = US$ 1.19 litre.
NZ$ 1.83 for 91 octane = US$ 1.46 litre.
NZ$ 1.93 for 98 octane force10 = US$ 1.54 litre.

Prices can be up to NZ$ 1.56 diesel, NZ 1.88 (91) and NZ 1.98 (98).

BP is the worst offender and the first to put prices up, the others follow slowly within a couple of days, Gull keeps the competition going in Auckland and should get full support here hoorah !

Looking forward to other replies too

Regards from Raymond RODALCO

How much do you play for your electricity ?

What do you pay for your electricity in your country.

This is for Auckland , New Zealand

Sorry I stuffed this one up. I put it in a new thread

Raymond

Last edited:
$.91 US per litre.

(Roughly $3.65 a gallon here. 87 octane.)

Raymond, do you really have 91 octane as your standard? We have 87 as our "regular", and 92 as our "premium". (R+M)/2 method.

Here in Brisbane, I filled up Tuesday at AU$1.25 Ltr. (US$1.175). Regular Unleaded.

Mike.

Here in the UK the average is £1.10 per litre for unleaded petrol which equates to $2.20

Diesel is now at around £1.20 per litre which is $2.40 in US dollars

Thats around $8.33 per US gallon for regular unleaded or exactly £5 for a UK gallon

Cigarettes are now £5 a packet for the cheaper ones which is $10 usd

Diesel in South Africa = R 9.43/l = $1.22/l = NZ 1.54/l

henrybot said:
$.91 US per litre.

(Roughly $3.65 a gallon here. 87 octane.)

Raymond, do you really have 91 octane as your standard? We have 87 as our "regular", and 92 as our "premium". (R+M)/2 method.

In Slovakia standard is 95 (equivalent to 90-91 US (R+M)/2), premium is 98, there is also a sub-standard 91 which is being phased out.

Last edited:
Natural Gas Convertion

(**broken link removed**)

I don't know what the availability of Natural Gas is anywhere else but this looks very inviting right now. I'm thinking that buying the car used would be a better option than converting.

killivolt said:
(**broken link removed**)

I don't know what the availability of Natural Gas is anywhere else but this looks very inviting right now. I'm thinking that buying the car used would be a better option than converting.

There have been various gas conversions in the UK over the years (and probably still are?) - main problems are it takes most of your boot (trunk) space, and only a very tiny number of places where you can refuel.

Ok please ship me some 98 octane racing fuel from NZ!!!
(Over here premium unleaded is 91 octane... $4.099/gallon.)

Nigel Goodwin said:
There have been various gas conversions in the UK over the years (and probably still are?) - main problems are it takes most of your boot (trunk) space, and only a very tiny number of places where you can refuel.

The one I like and think is so funny is the used (French fry) you may not know what I'm saying but just frying grease (for food) in industrial use. They strain it and maybe any oil will do but anyhow they use it in diesel powered vehicle's. Some get it for free.

Just brew your own biodeisel which is perfectly legal providing it's under a certain amount and is just for personal use.

Hero999 said:
Just brew your own biodeisel which is perfectly legal providing it's under a certain amount and is just for personal use.

Explain brew ?

I was kind of slow to catch on, but in retrospect, growing what otherwise might be fit for human consumption (or at least growing it on land that might otherwise be used to grow produce that would be fit for human consumption) just seems like a bad idea. There was something on the news to that effect last night, remarking on how the food shortages in Senegal were compounded in part by the competition for farm produce as a fuel source. Clear land, grow seasonal crops on the land, to effectively produce more greenhouse gasses? Seems like a bad idea to me.

Grow more food for people, not cars or animals, and teach contraception without practicing eugenics. We can find a cleaner, more sustainable, and holistic solution than biodiesel, unless biodiesel can be incorporated sensibly into the food-for-people-first equation.

Hank Fletcher said:
Clear land, grow seasonal crops on the land, to effectively produce more greenhouse gasses? Seems like a bad idea to me.

Although I don't believe in so called 'Global Warming', I must say that producing ethanol fuel DOES NOT produce any extra CO2. The carbon dioxide that gets released by burning the fuel in cars was simply caught from atmosphere when the plants that were harvested for the fuel grew. The same idea lies behind biomass.

That is the same reason why wood is considered a clean and renewable source.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back