Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How much do you pay for gas at the pump !

Status
Not open for further replies.
My daughter just txt me saying that there is supposed to be a strike and not to buy gas on fri or sat ?

I just said ok I don't want to hurt her feelings but they don't give a rat's behind what we do (eventually) we have to buy ? or we just buy the day after or before.

killivolt said:
My daughter just txt me saying that there is supposed to be a strike and not to buy gas on fri or sat ?

I just said ok I don't want to hurt her feelings but they don't give a rat's behind what we do (eventually) we have to buy ? or we just buy the day after or before.
People who don't have to work to survive think that way. I have no choice. Go to work (= buy gas) or starve.

I could go live in a cardboard box by the river, I suppose... I'll probably end up there when I retire anyway. The sleazebag thieving, lying gubbmint (government - that lying sack of sh** harper) is intent on putting me there.

Bitter? Just a little, I suppose. :D

Everyone's hurting because of the higher cost of gas/petrol. It doesn't matter what country or area you are in. Like I said in an earlier post, I think that the bigwigs are successfully driving the middle class into submission and pushing the upper class even higher,leaving the middle class ranked back in the lower class again. It took over 150 years for the middle class to develop, and in the last 20 years, it seems the upper class has pushed the middle class back down.

The cost of gasoline went up.
The cost of bread went up.
My Canada pension also went up so I am fine.
In 2 years I can get much more refund on my income tax.

3v0 said:
If anyone tried to introduce an idea that worked he would be have a tough time getting people to use it.

Just one of the problems to introduce somthing new (doesn't mater what it is) majority of people are afraid for change

When you search the web you will find many times more pages on hi performance then economy.

performance is more fun than economy but performance can be easy changed to economy but you take the fun out of driving, it's a personal choice

Then there is GM Ultralite which proved what could be done with carbon fiber.

The body was cranked out by Burt Ratan using existing tech. That was 16 years ago.

now these days we want to protect our self from idiots on the street and the idiot in ourself that can crash into you or you in something
so we need to have that tougher (not the lightest materials) and all other kind of safty gear that ad weight to the car that we don't need on a how many miles out of a galon contest on a closed circuit with a trained driver for not puting the foot down on the pedal

What is my point. It is my opinion that the goal of the energy and auto industry to part us and our money. Advancements will only become available after gas/petro prices have advanced beyond what the advancements would save.
i agree with that but that's how the world works and it's hard to change that (altought it's not imposible to do)

Robert-Jan

Performance?
I have a medium size car (Canadian cars are much bigger than toy cars in other countries).
It has a 2.2 liter engine.
I pull up beside a kid in his Honda at a stoplight.
You know kid's Honda cars. They are lowered so much that they spark as they drag along and bounce 10 times for each little bump because the shock absorbers are ruined.
Sometimes all the windows are black.
Either the kid is tiny or he sits on the floor.

The light turns green and the kid's engine is smoking like crazy because it has been over-reved too many times.
We are neck and neck until he changes gears (mine is an automatic transmission) which takes him all day then I am way ahead of him.

Advancements will only become available after gas/petro prices have advanced beyond what the advancements would save.
And petroleum prices won't increase that much until it's actually in short supply.

Right now they are carefully controlling prices so we (1) give as much as possible to suppliers and (2) don't develop alternatives. If a viable alternative energy source appears, petroleum prices will fall just enough to remove the viability.

Solar is now about 150-200% the cost of most petroleum based alternatives. When solar gets cheaper, we will suddenly have an 'oversupply' of petroleum. It will last long enough to slow down solar research, then mysteriously back to 'shortages'.

On topic: I just paid $us3.749 per gallon of 87 (R+M/2) fuel in Hawthorne, CA, USA. I'll also get 3% cashback on the credit card for a net cost of about $3.637.

audioguru said:
Can the government tax solar power??

They do already by taxing the equipment if you buy it and at the end of life if you want to dispose it

Robert-Jan

rvgh said:
now these days we want to protect our self from idiots on the street and the idiot in ourself that can crash into you or you in something
so we need to have that tougher (not the lightest materials) and all other kind of safty gear that ad weight to the car that we don't need on a how many miles out of a galon contest on a closed circuit with a trained driver for not puting the foot down on the pedal
The good news is that carbon fiber construction is very strong. The tests on the car showed it to be (hope I got this right) the stiffest they had ever tested.

We may start seeing carbon fiber more often. A company in Colorado has developed a method of making the carbon fiber panels in a press. The resulting panel is stronger then the hand laid ones and requires less labor to manufacture.

mneary said:
And petroleum prices won't increase that much until it's actually in short supply.
I am not sure that it will ever truly be in short supply during my lifetime.

There has to be some sort of moving target above which the oil companies would make less money. Although the supply of oil is limited it seems that the oil available for drilling seems to be increasing. Mostly due to new finds and improved drilling methods.

One has to wonder if the price has more to do with supply and demand or price fixing. As the price of fuel goes up and the fuel efficiency increases the oil companies can make the same (more) profit with less product. Neat racket.

My fear is that the drag caused by the price increases will do major damage to the world economy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back