Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How much do you pay for gas at the pump !

Status
Not open for further replies.
microtexan said:
Here in Texas we are paying an ARM and a LEG. :)

Will someone in California post what they pay for fuel. I have heard between $5-$6 per gallon. Its like they don't want your arm and leg, more like arm, leg, left kidney, and your firstborn child. UGH

I paid around $3.70 a gallon in Irvine and San Clemente when I was over a month ago.

That was for the cheapo stuff though (regular ?)

If it was $3.70 a month ago then its probably more now, since gas prices have increased as they have.

You can find the price of gasoline in various locations in North America at gasbuddy.com. It looks like San Jose, CA has just surpassed $3.78/gal, the $1.00/litre mark.

The filling station I go to is just below $4.00. That's Hawthorne, CA.

[edit] reported local average is $3.78. [\edit]

Last edited:
It doesn't matter where you are, but it seems that gas prices are gonna get worse before they get better, IMHO. :(

Nigel Goodwin said:
Particularly with their 'give away' prices for petrol! - it's like going back 20 years :D
Actually the climate, the patriotism (you can fly your flag and many people do), the general lower cost of living, the nicer attitude of people and a number of other things influenced me heavily ......

Current price is $3.40 in the Oklahoma Pan Handle.

Farmers are turning off their irrigation systems because then can not afford to run the pumps. A local trucker has tied his rate directly to the price of fuel.

The economy is already in a (dare I say the word) depression. If fuels continue to increase in price it will be very very ugly.

Due to the increase in fuel prices we can all look forward to a similar jump in food prices but do not blame the farmer. It will all go to the increased cost of growing, hauling and processing what we buy.

The wonderful selection of presidential candidates we have are now talking about the high price of fuel. But so far what I see are vote getting tactics with no intent of solving the problem.

I Must Have Failed Math!

Re: Half Price Gas!
When the gas gauge/needle drops to the halfway point, go to the gas station and fill it up. This way it will always be half price for a full tank of gas!

phil7890 said:
Re: Half Price Gas!
When the gas gauge/needle drops to the halfway point, go to the gas station and fill it up. This way it will always be half price for a full tank of gas!
If you own a car with an in tank fuel pump you should be doing this anyway. Putting a pump inside the tank is stupid in all ways but one. The liquid in the thank helps cool the pump. When the fuel level drops below 1/4 or so the pump is no longer liquid cooled. It runs hotter and its life is shortened.

For a few dollars more the makers could have used an external pump and save owners $100's or in some cases over $1000 every time the pump needs changing.

Engineering at it best.

crap. It just went up a few cents here, again. :( :mad:

I would like to kick the person's ass who thinks this is funny. :mad:

Nigel Goodwin said:
Particularly with their 'give away' prices for petrol! - it's like going back 20 years :D

Why do you guys call it petrol? its GASOLINE, mate!

also the price here in kentucky is now 3.65 USD. thats dollars not pounds or sterlings or pence or sheckles or bits!

3VO
I wish I had known about the fuel pump cooling about 3 years ago. I replaced 3 in my truck (98 Silverado) already (2 under warranty) before I heard about the cooling effects. Gas here ( middle Tenn) this morning now at $3.59 a gallon..

Whatever it's called, petrol, gas, pushwater, dino-juice, its getting expensive to buy and it pushing up the cost of everything else, because farmers are having to spend more just to tend to their crops, and cargo carriers have to pay more to get their cargo from point A to point B. That's part of the reason that I am into working with alternative energy sources.

Gas can be flatulence, propane, butane, natural, accetelyne, hydrogen, helium, etc.
Gasoline is liquid petrol.

It is called automobile fuel when it has ethanol and other flamable liquids in it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back